JBMDL(McGuire AFB) (KWRI) Air Show 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
While the JBMDL events web page -- Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst -- hasn't been updated since 2014, another JBMDL page does have details on the 2016 "Power in the Pines" -- Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst - Open House and Air Show -- air show scheduled for May 14 and 15 at KWRI, McGuire AFB, Wrightstown. The air events commenced at 11 am.

For some reason the browser warns of an unsafe expired server certificate, but I can't see anything suspicious.

I have some observed and known air show frequencies at Scanning NJ: Burlington County from previous years but I wasn't able to listen in 2015. Are there any attending RR members here who noted frequencies heard last year? What did you hear?

I live directly under the glideslope for runway 6, inside the outer marker, and the scanner on 124.150 jumps off the table as the "heavies" check in.

HTH.

cmdrwill

Lots of thing have changed at Mago's airplane patch since I was there. Probably many changes in Browns Mills too.

w2xq

Mentor
No more outer marker at WRI.
OK. I just recall hearing the planes mentioning it but I don't remember how many years ago that was. The heavies call in over the house. The change of pitch (flaps, wheels?) can be heard overhead at the same time as the radio barks.

cmdrwill

I see. Lots of changes for sure.
I looked on Google maps and could not find the place on Mirror Lake we lived in.

Status
Not open for further replies.