JBSA Wide Active Shooter Exercise Aug. 29, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

crensmeyer

Premium Subscriber
Should be some interesting listening tomorrow during this planned exercise. Please note that this information is copied directly from the JBSA Facebook page and is also listed on their Twitter feed.

"Joint Base San Antonio will be conducting an Active Shooter Exercise at JBSA-Fort Sam Houston, Randolph & Camp Bullis, Aug 29, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. During this time, personnel need to be aware of responding emergency vehicles, possible delays at entry control points, and changes to the Force Protection Condition. This is only an exercise, not a real-world situation.

If a real-world incident arises, information will be provided via the JBSA Straight Talk Line, (210) 466-4630, our website at Joint Base San Antonio > Home or our social media site at https://www.facebook.com/JointBaseSanAntonio/. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience."

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
If you do try to listen you might not hear much. Randolph security talk groups are in mixed mode. The dispatcher is in the clear and the officers are encrypted. Some of the other bases I think the dispatchers are encrypted and the officers are in the clear.

Don

Michael-SATX

For this exercise I will use my BCD-996XT's connected to ProScan for logging and audio recordings.
I also will have my HP-1E's in Trunking Discovery record sessions on Camp Bullis and Randolph sites.
I have great reception of the Camp Bullis, Central, Lackland, Randolph and VA Hospital military sites,
however, for the Ft Sam site I get very week to no reception at my house using the same RT antenna.
My goal is to try to ID some of the 20~30 or so unID'd Military P25 TG's and submit them to the RRDB.

I fine tuned everything after midnight during the Excercise Drills RAFB SF & LAFB SF did in the clear !

I called up Dark_Side to ask him to do a Discovery Record on the Ft Sam site he lives closer to, etc.

Let's pitch in and contribute and perhaps we can make progress to fill some of the numerous TG gaps!

Michael-SATX

We have 37 UNID'd JBSA TG's yet to be identified !

During the JBSA - Active Shooter Exercise Aug 29th, I heard various TG's carrying related traffic and drill info.

I have been recording all audio traffic on the 5 Military P25 TRS sites I RX at home (CB,Central,LAFB,RAFB,VASA).

I am waiting until my ProScan v12 setup has more accrued audio traffic before I make my final identifications.

As many talkgroups after just 2 days of recording time have less than 1 minute so far I don't want to rush to ID etc.

Currently only 3 TG's have presently reached 15 minutes and 4 TG's have just reached the 10 minute mark in 2 days.

It looks like Randolph TG's are in the best identified shape RRDB wise with Camp Bullis and Lackland being the worst.

I would bet that our local community owes a lot to Donhark and his keen ears and countless hours of loyal monitoring ;)

Question: What do you think about me first posting my pre-submission notes in a forum thread for local SATX scrutiny ?

My Preliminary New Discovery Results below:

Camp Bullis Talkgroups (approx 15 new TG's)

Fort Sam Houston Talkgroups (approx 1 new TG)

Lackland Air Force Base Talkgroups (approx 17 new TG's)

Randolph Air Force Base Talkgroups (approx 1 new TG)

VA Hosptial - San Antonio Talkgroups (approx 3 new TG's)

OK here is a token 1 TG submission that I just submitted to the RRDB:

4221 107d D CBullis Reveille - 7AM Reveille and 10pm Taps Bugle Calls - Military

Also, the Central Site freqs have changed and now analyze as below as I just submitted to the RRDB:

(6) Central San Antonio Bexar, TX 406.1625c 408.4250 410.3250 410.6500

jbsarandolphmonitor

Tg 4221 is coming from Altus AFB Ok. I heard an exercise on this tg. The location of the exercise came back to Altus. Did you see tg 3873 on the Lackland site? I think it is coming from Lackland.

Don

Michael-SATX

Automated Bugle Calls network wide talkgroup 4221

Tg 4221 is coming from Altus AFB Ok. I heard an exercise on this tg. The location of the exercise came back to Altus. Did you see tg 3873 on the Lackland site? I think it is coming from Lackland.

Don

Yes, Don good info, then the RRDB should list this TG under Altus AFB, Oklahoma group.
In looking at the numbering scheme Altus makes sense, checking over my ProScan logs.
The automated bugle calls talkgroup has shown up this way since I began my logs Aug 29th
at 5 times on the Camp Bullis site, 2 times on RAFB, 1 on LAFB and 1 time on the Central site.
I do realize my hit count data is skewed since other sites are ignored while traffic is be recorded.
So I will revise my submission to the following way listed below:
4221 107d D Bugle Calls - 7AM Reveille and 10pm Taps Bugle Calls - Military

As for you asking about the RRDB listed TG 3873 f21 D RAFB Munitions - Munitions Net - Military
It has NOT shown up yet since my 24/7 logging and recording efforts since the Aug 29th JBSA exercise!

jbsarandolphmonitor

I haven't seen tg 3873 on the Randolph site for awhile now. I thought it might be coming from Lackland. With the AETC family day on Friday and the long weekend it will be quiet on the system. The bases will be back to normal operation on Tuesday.

Thanks
Don

Michael-SATX

FYI - I already submitted another sub to correct this TG listing thanks to donhark's observations.
My new sub Deletes TG# 4221 from the Camp Bullis group and will list it under the Altus AFB group.

Altus Air Force Base Talkgroups

4221 107d D Bugle Calls - 7AM Reveille and 10pm Taps Bugle Calls - Military

ps ~ My ProScan TG recordings are getting longer and I hope to post my pre-submissions soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.