Jcpd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICP114

Did anyone hear if the JCPD will encrypted on the new trunked system or it is ukn at this time???

AlexC

Database Admin
ICP114 said:
Did anyone hear if the JCPD will encrypted on the new trunked system or it is ukn at this time???

They will have all the hardware installed to run full time encryption if they choose to do so.

-Alex

AlexC

Database Admin
If I had to guess they will start testing this summer, maybe get online Sept/Oct/Nov.

If you look up their licenses online it seems to support this timeline.

-Alex

K9one

New JCPD radio system

I think they will wait for the new radio control building to be finished first. The building is a prefab being built in PA then will be shipped to Jersey City. Only a foundation so far at the site.

If you look at the top of the south site at Bayonne cityline you can see the modular building they installed at the top of building and new antennas.

AlexC

Database Admin
K9one said:
I think they will wait for the new radio control building to be finished first. The building is a prefab being built in PA then will be shipped to Jersey City. Only a foundation so far at the site.

You mean the unified dispatch center or whatever they want to call it this week? It's my understanding that sometime this summer most the dispatch operations will be moved to a central point in Jersey City, that includes Police, Fire, and EMS. They may have actually embraced interoperability between agencies by putting them all in the same room, but I won't hold my breath :). NJ and interoperability shouldn't be used in the same sentence (my personal opinion and not that of any agency I work with).

If you look at the top of the south site at Bayonne cityline you can see the modular building they installed at the top of building and new antennas.

Is this in relation to the Bayonne system, or the JC system?

I have to look back through the FCC, but at one point I had figured out where the 4 sites were going to go, along with some other stuff. They've filed for a couple of construction extensions with the system... looks like it's been ~2 years + in the works.

-Alex

SCPD

QRT
Jersey City EMS is handled by Jersey City Medical Center / Liberty Health and are dispatched by same. Same setup as Newark.

AlexC

Database Admin
res148cue said:
Jersey City EMS is handled by Jersey City Medical Center / Liberty Health and are dispatched by same. Same setup as Newark.

I'm well aware of this. From what I understood the idea behind the new dispatch center was to get all agencies in one place to work together - and both fire and ems were going to be moved there.

Of course, talk and action are two different things.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.