Jeff. County Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogbutt

Don't know for how long but Jefferson County Simulcast is working again on control channel 855.6875 in my area (Bessemer/Adger).....BCD996XT and PRO197 picking everything except Birmingham Police Precincts....Also havent heard Hueytown or Bessemer
Police....

Last edited:

n4wxi

I have had my scanner online for over 10 years. Jeffco has been off for extended periods of time for over a year. Usually a couple of days but more recently as long as two weeks. I am hearing more and more encryption also. May be about time to give it a rest and pocket the savings lol.

Jtolar

Chief Dog Petter - Radio Junkie
For the last two days, I haven’t heard Trussville PD or JCSO on the Huffman tower , St. Vincent’s

I haven't had any problems with not getting either on the AFRN huffman site except for the 4th Trussville went silent on all sites. They were back the next day.

I haven't had any problems with not getting either on the AFRN huffman site except for the 4th Trussville went silent on all sites. They were back the next day.
Any idea what causes that?

If I'm not mistaken the Huffman site is the closest one to them so I can't imagine what other site would be carrying their traffic.

Jtolar

I have no idea why they weren't on during the night of the 4th. I figured maybe they were on an event channel but I saw no other talkgroups or unknown channels. I check the jc800 to see if I saw anything and there wasn't anything but BFD.

The clay tower may be closer but I do get everything from trussville on huffman.

OH and can I add that Trussville Dispatch has the worst background noise of any radio I have ever heard.

Jtolar

Trussvile Channel 2 is now encrypted. Kinda makes sense being a TAC channel at least the dispatch channel is still clear (for now). That may explain the 4th. They were on an encrypted channel and I have all the encrypted transmission hidden in the event windows.

BHAMalan

Question on the simulcast... why do certain talk IDs seem more powerful than others on the simulcast? At times I get a weak transmission out of JCSO but Hoover is super strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.