Jefferson Co. (KY)/Louisville...analog vs. digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

houndhq

Someone who probably knows less about "scanning" emergency service frequencies than I has said that all the local (Metro Louisville) transmitters have recently (?) gone to digital broadcast equipment. Obviously if true, or even partially true, this impacts TYPE of desktop scanner used...or in my case, to be purchased.
Any advice/guidance/information about this matter will be appreciated...

msradell

Read the sticky about MetroSafe for more information but for a quick response everything is now P25 trunked digital and all EMS communications as well as some PD communications are encrypted.

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
While in Louisville (St. Mathews area) earlier this week, I was able to monitor clear plain talk on several of the "med channels". Actually picked up some data noise on my Pro96 before going into Norton Suburban Hospital to visit my preemie grandson.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Unless something has changed, all of the medical talkgroups in the MetroSafe 800 radio system are ADP encrypted. You may have been hearing some UHF/VHF traffic from Rural/Metro, Yellow EMS, Bullitt County, Shelby, Oldham etc.

BigDog-911

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Chief, they appear to be still simulcasting EMS 1 on the old Med 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.