Jefferson Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2SWD

I am using my 2m/440 ham radio to receive Jefferson Police (45.80 Lowband) on there link frequency of 453.0625. But I am only receiving the patrol cars and not the base. I am searching 5 mhz higher but I am not hearing anything. If anyone knows what the base link frequency is I would appreciate it. Please don't tell me me to get a scanner or another radio for the car, I don't have the room. Thanks!

N2SWD

Thanks Eric

I did search the database,but I have had no positive results. By the way I am working part time for the PD-Andy

robbinsj2

Are you sure that the dispatcher is linked in to the system with a relay?

There are a couple local (to me) towns which use UHF relays for multiple satellite receivers on the high-band repeater input frequency. There is only one repeater/transmitter, though, which is either located at the dispatch center or connected with dispatch via phone lines or microwave. Thus you would only hear the dispatcher on the link channel(s) if he/she is using a regular radio instead of a console.

Jim

SCPD

QRT
N2SWD said:
I did search the database,but I have had no positive results. By the way I am working part time for the PD-Andy

Who's Eric?

I don't know what to tell you except to maybe close call if you have a scanner that does that. I know for a fact that Mount Olive does the same thing. They use a UHF link from the municipal bldg to the repeater on top of Rt.46 in Budd Lake. I guess the advantage to this is not having to erect a tower at town hall. MO only uses a small antenna on the roof.

Jefferson has that big tower at town hall. I don't know why they would need to use a link frequency. When I used to live in Jefferson they we're booming pretty good. I know that they still use the county fireband (46.42) simplex, or at least they used to.

Here's a link to some UHF frequencies. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=1250133

Say hi to Mr. Hinchman and Lt. Wil for me oh and Cpl. Mueller. Not that they probably remember. I just like to drop names. Brian Christie too.

I forgot to give a shout out to Bob Haffner and Don Wyrecza.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.