• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Joint Base Lewis McChord

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkohout

Hi everyone. Is anyone able to receive JBLM's trunked system on their scanner? I have a 20-164, and afterprogramming it with RR I get nothing. My other trunked frequencies work though.

Thanks!

Wilrobnson

The database for that system is a bag of worms. JBLM's 14C system is seperate from the USN/USMC 14C system in the region; you can see this for yourself by looking at the control channel neighbor broadcasts.

The JBLM system is 4 sites, 1-3 at Lewis and 9 at McChord, P25 exclusive.

WAScanMan

Down in Thurston County I am unable to pull this system: Joint Base Lewis-McChord Trunking System, Tacoma, Washington - Scanner Frequencies
However, I can recieve the DoD system( U.S. Department of Defense: Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies )

The DoD system has the MP's, fire/ems, gate guards, range control, Grey AAF maintenance units, as well as other miscellaneous base ops TGID'S. I have a fairly extensive list of TGID's from unattended logging in pro96com if you want them. (Once you get a digital scanner of course) Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.