Jones Co., GA, Fire - did they switch to NEXEDGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesdotcc

Hi guys,
I'm just curious if anybody knows if the Jones Co FD has moved over to the NEXEDGE system there in the county along with the LE agencies? I noticed today the live audio feed from there has gone away, so I'm wondering if it was because the fire dept went away or the guy hosting it just decided to take it down?

Thanks.
-Charles

N8IAA

Hi guys,
I'm just curious if anybody knows if the Jones Co FD has moved over to the NEXEDGE system there in the county along with the LE agencies? I noticed today the live audio feed from there has gone away, so I'm wondering if it was because the fire dept went away or the guy hosting it just decided to take it down?

Thanks.
-Charles

Charles, it seems that they went to NEXEDGE. It has been noted in the database here on RR. Probably why the feed was taken down.
Larry

charlesdotcc

The database mentions the police and sheriffs departments, but not fire:

"Jones County Sheriff, Jail and the Gray Police Department has switched to a NEXEDGE System."

Actually, it still lists the FD as "FM", and not "NEXEDGE".

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Jones fire is currently analog, no firm decision on what they are going to do for narrowbanding. Everything from Kenwood TK2180/TK-780's to modded ham radios are in use (yeah, real safe eh?).

I've heard everything from Nexedge to DMR to joining the Macon-Bibb TRS. This ought to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.