Just bought a Grove antenna 2 thumbs up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have just bought a Grove omni 2 antenna for $29.95 and i give it 2 thumbs up very easy to setup light weight and it really brings in weak signals.

I use it on my Live Fire feed which is on the 800trs band works great i would say buy this antenna.

http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT5.html

Last edited:

n3ncn

MAN, I haven't ordered anything from Grove in years. Forgot all about them. The funny thing is I have stuff I see everyday I bought from them back in the early 80's and have forgot they exsist. Hope you are happy with your antenna. Thanks for the reminder. Mark

MacombMonitor

I ordered one of those Omni-2 antennas from Grove several years ago. Unfortunately UPS turned it into something that resembled a pretzel. I never bothered ordering another one as Grove said they had no better way to box them. How was it shipped, and did it arrive without being bent?

Thanks!

FrankJ

Yes, I use a Grove Omni-II mounted on a wall in a spare bedroom. It works really well from CB and VHF Low Band (really pulls in skip) all the way to 800 Mhz. It's relatively cheap and easy to mount. Works well with my BC780XLT and PRO-43.

Frank

SCPD

QRT
It came in perfect conditon it had fragile on the box i had it shiped on the 2 day UPS thing only $6 SH charge.

MacombMonitor said:
I ordered one of those Omni-2 antennas from Grove several years ago. Unfortunately UPS turned it into something that resembled a pretzel. I never bothered ordering another one as Grove said they had no better way to box them. How was it shipped, and did it arrive without being bent?

Thanks!

acetech

I got one of these and it came packaged well.. inside the box now they use a heavy cardboard circular tube that its in to keep it from being damaged.

mauiblue

Could anyone inform me what adapter connectors I would need in order to use this antenna for my Icom IC-R20? The connector on the Icom is a BNC female. I don't know what kind of connector is on the antenna (F connector?) and which cable to use that is listed on the Grove website. I know that I could call but if you guys could give me some insight on this issue I could just order it directly off the website.

Aloha to all in the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.