Just FYI Mid Tn Scanners, LaVergne going 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
Just thought I would let everyone know that Lavergne police and FD are in the process of switching over to piggyback off of Metro's 800 system. Not idea of frequencies or specifics yet, but they are in the process of getting the 800 mhz radios installed.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Wonder why they went with Metro vice Smyrna?

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
I am not really sure unless it is that Metro has more room on their system. They are leaving their UHF system in place as a back up. No word yet on if they are going to have a simulcast of their 800 on the UHF.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I am not really sure unless it is that Metro has more room on their system. They are leaving their UHF system in place as a back up. No word yet on if they are going to have a simulcast of their 800 on the UHF.

I saw one of their unmarked cars on the square in M'Boro this week, and it had the UHF and the "800" black "can type" antennas on the roof. I thought at the time this might be for a computer, but probably was for the Metro radio.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I hope their talkgroups pop up on TRS System A rather then B. I had thought most of Metro PD stuff finally transitioned over to A but the last couple days i've heard some cars using TG's on System B still.

rescue814

Negative on the simulcast, Box 100 will have use of the UHF frequencies.

cpsTN

I heard Metro is not only 800 MHz but DIGITAL 800? If this is correct, I will not be able to hear La Vergne after they make the switch. At least until I get a digital scanner.

Charles

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
That is correct. Lavergne is 800 Digital now, at least PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.