Just got a BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiopro52

Hello everyone. I just got my new BCT15 in the mail today. My first impressions of it are good, although it's a little smaller that I would like it to be since I'm using it as a base. But that's no biggie. It sure is different than my old PRO-2052, and better at that.

I understand somewhat about the new memory system. I have all of my conventional frequencies programmed using the ScanControl demo. But I'm kind of stuck on trunking. I've read up on both manuals (the book and the easier-to-read). I tried programming a trunking system that worked on the PRO-2052, an EDACS system. Using ScanControl, I created a new system and named it "EDACS" then I input the trunking frequencies as "Site 1" (for now). But, it didn't seem to trunk track it when I finished. It's like it's not picking up the data channel. Maybe I set it wrong? Do I set the trunking frequencies as a site or a group, or both?

Second, how do I get the scanner to display the frequency instead of the modulation when it stops on a conventional frequency? I think this scanner can do that, but I can't seem to find how to do it.

Otherwise, I'm happy so far with the BCT15. The screen could be a little better, but I can see it from where I'm sitting so I guess it'll be fine. Anyway, thanks for any help.

xm15e2s

radiopro52 said:
The screen could be a little better.

What don't you like about the screen? I got a BCT15 several days ago (to replace my PRO-2050) and I can't imagine going back to the 2050's screen.

I'm digging everything else about the BCT15, as well. It is an awesome scanner for an awesome price!

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
you should try reading a PSR-600 screen on the go.. its horrible in my opinion
the BCT-15 and digital version 996 are great with the big letters

radiopro52

Thanks, delta p. That's what I wanted.

xm15e2s said:
What don't you like about the screen? I got a BCT15 several days ago (to replace my PRO-2050) and I can't imagine going back to the 2050's screen.

I'm digging everything else about the BCT15, as well. It is an awesome scanner for an awesome price!

The screen on the BCT15 doesn't have as good of a viewing angle as the PRO-2052, in my opinion. I'm looking at it a little from the left side, at about a 40 or 50 degree angle, and some of the text is fading. I can still read it, but it's best when you look at it straight on, but that's not possible where I currently have the scanner located. But I'm sure I'll adjust and it'll be fine.

I'm still experimenting with the scanner, but I agree that it's an awesome scanner. It has many features that the PRO didn't have, and I can now trunk all of the most common trunking systems in my area. I'm still learning how to do the trunking though.

xm15e2s

radiopro52 said:
The screen on the BCT15 doesn't have as good of a viewing angle as the PRO-2052, in my opinion.

Oh, I see.
My BCT15 is at eye level, so viewing angle is a non-issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.