Just got a BCT15x, Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys (First post),
I just got a BCT 15x, I was able to manually input all of the channels I needed, however at the time I did not manually input the Alpha tags.

This is my first ever scanner, and am QUITE lost.

I am planning on downloading FreeScan, however...

1. How can I connect my BCt15x to the CPU?

2. How do i change the alpha channels

3. I plan on doing this to change my state to California... is this correct?
StatebyStateScanning < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

4. How do I start SAME weather stuff?

I have seen the "Easier manuals" but i am still very lost to be honest.

Any help would be amazing, I don't even know how to change from one channel to the next.

Thanks in Advance guys,
Adam

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
alpha tags
menu - program system - choose the system you made - edit group - edit channel - choose channel - edit name.... use #4 to go left and #6 to go right.. use the silver scroll wheel to change the letter.

menu - scroll to WX operation - program SAME - same 1

I definitly suggest freescan. You can program your systems, enter alpha tags much easier then by the keypad and program SAME as well.

You use the included serial cable found in the box, or an optional USB-1 cable that is optional. If you have a newer laptop with only usb you may need a serial-usb convertor to get it going. Ensure the com ports area correct the baud rate should be default to the max 115200

Alright soooooo I got the SAME weather settings, thank you very much.

Current Problems, when it blinks "Alert" how do i listen to the alert?

Also, it keeps on saying alabama for everything, I changed talk group 1's settings to california... but other than that idk what do to.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
May i ask if the BCT15X you purchased has the latest firmware 1.03.00....You find this by press "menu", scroll back to "settings", press "E" and scroll to "SEE Scanner Info", press "E" and scroll to "Firmware Version" then press "E"...The ser: and firmware ver: will show....May i also ask where you purchased it....Thank You for this info if possible....

May i ask if the BCT15X you purchased has the latest firmware 1.03.00....You find this by press "menu", scroll back to "settings", press "E" and scroll to "SEE Scanner Info", press "E" and scroll to "Firmware Version" then press "E"...The ser: and firmware ver: will show....May i also ask where you purchased it....Thank You for this info if possible....

The firmware is updated , the seller updated it for me. I bought this in northern California.

An i have programed alot of the scanner now, however I still cannot get it to stay away from these "Alabama" channels (they arnt even deletable groups)

No matter what I programmed, the scan starts with (insert state name). How do I stop this?

* BCT15, BCT15X only - These 2 scanners have all 50 states pre-programmed and active by default. It's called the BearTracker function. It's likely that the state has been set up with a group that was programmed by a user, in which case the state programming takes precedence. Press the HP & POL keys repeatedly until the icons PL, DT, HP & BT on the bottom row of the LCD are no longer displayed. If you are using software, make sure the STATE pulldowns are set to OFF on every system defined.

If you are referring to this question, it doesnt really solve what I was asking.

The whole point of the 15x is so that I can use the PD, HP, and Beartracker functions within California. i want to know how I can make it so that when i push PD, or HP or Beartracker functions, it turns on the proper California police and Highway patrol frequencies.... Not just hide them.

"It's likely that the state has been set up with a group that was programmed by a user, in which case the state programming takes precedence"

^^^This is important, I want to change from alabama to California.
Thanks for any help, Adam

wcinkant

Premium Subscriber
Bct15x

To change the out-of-the-box state, press the Func knob then the Vol knob. "Select State" screen appears on the display. Rotate the function knob to select your location. Canadian provinces are listed after US states.

To change the out-of-the-box state, press the Func knob then the Vol knob. "Select State" screen appears on the display. Rotate the function knob to select your location. Canadian provinces are listed after US states.

Worked GREAT thank you, I believe I've got my scanner all setup now. Thanks guys! Took about 6 hrs of manual input! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.