Just got my feed setup and live! Question on muting audio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ6HCB

Hey everyone - first post here and just set up a local live audio feed. Awesome!

I have my scanner run into the Line In on my computer, and of course the scanner audio is coming through my computer speakers as well as being broadcast to the Internet. Is there any way to mute the audio coming out of my speakers while still maintaining the rest of their functionality, and still broadcasting audio to the Internet listeners?

Thanks!

Matt

jasonk

Feed Provider
In Windows 7 - there is an option for all incoming audio - to enable it to be heard. Right click on speaker - select Recording Devices - double clikc the Line IN device - then unselect this option.

In older OS - you may be able to pick the Line In - and select Mute ....it should still broadcast fine.

Jason

KJ6HCB

Thanks for the reply. Would that be the "Listen To This Device" checkbox under the LISTEN tab? If so, my box is unchecked and I still hear the audio. This is Windows 7.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
Now I want to ask something too if I have other feed up that I want to listen too will it broadcast on my or will it not in matter?

Tim

Hiya All...

I just got my feed up also and was wondering the same thing. I have Windows 7 Home Premium version, I tried the above suggestion and I can't find a "Line-In" device icon to unselect. I can't find this option under the tabs for "playback", "recordings", "sounds" or "communications". I know I am prolly missing something, but any other thoughts as to where to look.

Tim

K

kb0nly

On Win 7 right click on the speaker icon in the tray, your volume control, click on Recoding Devices, then click on the Mic or Line In input and click Properties, go to the second tab named Listen, uncheck Listen to this device. Click Apply, then Ok.

Thats all i have had to do on dozens of computers.

On older computers, XP for example, you have to go to the Mixer and mute the Mic or Line In on the Playback Mixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.