Just joined, might need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredandfred

Greetings;
I used to be a scanner nut years ago when programming was a simple matter. Pick a channel, plug in a freq. and enjoy. I'm a railroad nut so I think programming analog in high band is still easy for me. The issue comes from programming for my local law and fire. I live in Shelby county in Indiana and I think that the county sheriff is on 800 but not positive. I don't know anything about trunking, if they are digital and/or use tones or anything.

I just picked up a Pro-95 on eBay and have not received it yet. I'm hoping I can pickup what I want to hear.

Can someone help me out here?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Greetings;
I used to be a scanner nut years ago when programming was a simple matter. Pick a channel, plug in a freq. and enjoy. I'm a railroad nut so I think programming analog in high band is still easy for me. The issue comes from programming for my local law and fire. I live in Shelby county in Indiana and I think that the county sheriff is on 800 but not positive. I don't know anything about trunking, if they are digital and/or use tones or anything.

I just picked up a Pro-95 on eBay and have not received it yet. I'm hoping I can pickup what I want to hear.

Can someone help me out here?

Tons of information right on this site...

Frequencies for you area:

Shelby County, Indiana (IN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Some help with trunking:

Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki

The pro 95:

Pro-95 - The RadioReference Wiki

Easier to read manual for the Pro 95:

Easier to Read Pro-93/95/2053 Scanner Manual

Some programming help:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Programming_Your_Radio_Shack_Scanner

Last edited:

wingmaker

I see that the pro 95 is not digital capable but you will be able to hear the analog traffic on the Shelby County Simulcast Sites County Ops 1 through 10 should pick up there vhf if they use it well good luck
Love and Blessing to All

wingmaker

the scanner is not reband capable from what the wiki says so no analog on the system after rebanding either

W9NES

Radio Shack Pro-95 is a analog scanner only.In order to hear Shelby County you will need a scanner that will be digital.The Pro-95 will pick up 154.160 for Shelby County fire for the runs that are being dispatched out.In order to hear both sides you will need a digital trunking scanner.Radio Shack along with Uniden makes digital trunking scanners.

fredandfred

Radio Shack Pro-95 is a analog scanner only.In order to hear Shelby County you will need a scanner that will be digital.The Pro-95 will pick up 154.160 for Shelby County fire for the runs that are being dispatched out.In order to hear both sides you will need a digital trunking scanner.Radio Shack along with Uniden makes digital trunking scanners.

Leave it to me to get the wrong one. Sounds like I need to repost it back on eBay. I should've done my homework first.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Last edited:

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hello fredandfred: Welcome to RR, where you just have to ask and answers to your questions will be coming along immediately (see how many you've gotten already). We're always ready to help out when we can.

I agree with the others about stepping up to a digital scanner, but you don't have to dump the Pro-95....there's always something to listen to on analog units.

Again, welcome!

Russell

fredandfred

Hello fredandfred: Welcome to RR, where you just have to ask and answers to your questions will be coming along immediately (see how many you've gotten already). We're always ready to help out when we can.

I agree with the others about stepping up to a digital scanner, but you don't have to dump the Pro-95....there's always something to listen to on analog units.

Again, welcome!

Russell

Thanks for the greetings. My scanner interest goes back to when I worked at Regency Electronics. We produced a lot of scanners. Have some good and not so good memories from there.
I looked at the prices of digital and right now those prices just don't warrant the return. I may hang onto the 95 if I can figure out its programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.