• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Just Ordered a SDS100

Been awhile since I bought a new scanner.

Called the Ham Station this morning and ordered a SDS100, guy on phone was very helpful when there was an issue with my payment. Got me taken care of. Hoping mine has no issues lol. Looking forward to it!!!

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Nice to hear. I'm thinking of doing the same but trying to figure out if the only changes between first-run SDS100s and the "new" SDS100s were the battery and firmware. I seem to have heard that there may have been other changes but can't confirm that at this point.

Nice to hear. I'm thinking of doing the same but trying to figure out if the only changes between first-run SDS100s and the "new" SDS100s were the battery and firmware. I seem to have heard that there may have been other changes but can't confirm that at this point.
I asked the gentleman on the phone if they were "new stock" he was honest and said he was not sure. But he did say they have been moving a lot of SDS' out the door, and the ones they are shipping haven't been there long.

UnidenSupport replied in the other thread that the only changes were the battery and firmware.

Best place to buy is from Paul at Bearcat Warehouse in Maryland. Free shipping and no sales tax except Maryland and their number is 1-877-568-7226 and they move a lot of products. Hope this helps everyone.