Just Ordered a SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

whooey

Been awhile since I bought a new scanner.

Called the Ham Station this morning and ordered a SDS100, guy on phone was very helpful when there was an issue with my payment. Got me taken care of. Hoping mine has no issues lol. Looking forward to it!!!

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Nice to hear. I'm thinking of doing the same but trying to figure out if the only changes between first-run SDS100s and the "new" SDS100s were the battery and firmware. I seem to have heard that there may have been other changes but can't confirm that at this point.

whooey

Nice to hear. I'm thinking of doing the same but trying to figure out if the only changes between first-run SDS100s and the "new" SDS100s were the battery and firmware. I seem to have heard that there may have been other changes but can't confirm that at this point.

I asked the gentleman on the phone if they were "new stock" he was honest and said he was not sure. But he did say they have been moving a lot of SDS' out the door, and the ones they are shipping haven't been there long.

mule1075

Feed Provider
UnidenSupport replied in the other thread that the only changes were the battery and firmware.

Thoraldus

Just ordered my SDS100 yesterday. Will be here Friday. Looking forward to using this scanner. Will see how it compares to my service radio (Moto XTS2500) ;-)

Bob1955

Best place to buy is from Paul at Bearcat Warehouse in Maryland. Free shipping and no sales tax except Maryland and their number is 1-877-568-7226 and they move a lot of products. Hope this helps everyone.

Thoraldus

Best place to buy is from Paul at Bearcat Warehouse in Maryland. Free shipping and no sales tax except Maryland and their number is 1-877-568-7226 and they move a lot of products. Hope this helps everyone.

I bought both the SDS100 and SDS200 from Bearcat Warehouse ! ;)

noaim

Premium Subscriber
all of my scanners besides the first one were purchased from scannermaster never had a issue with them

Thoraldus

Rec'd SDS100 yesterday. It seems to outperform my XTS2500 on weak signal 700mhz digital. Will do more testing. Just got my 700/800MHz REMTRONIX Portable Antenna within the last hour. My RSSI numbers are MUCH better on the 700 system now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.