Just received RTL-SDR Zadig not seeing device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthradios

I downloaded SDR# from Airspy

I ran the install-rtlsdr.bat file, after that finished I found zadig.exe and rtlsdr.dll as I expected so I assume that part worked correctly.

I plugged my RTL-SDR RTL2832U into USB port, ran zadig.exe as admin, selected "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)". But I don't see anything listed for Driver, that box says "(NONE)". I have confirmed the rtlsdr.dll file is in the same folder as SDR# & zadig.exe.

I'm having this problem on Windows 7 and my Windows 10 machine. What step did I miss?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Perhaps that device isn't the SDR? Try selecting 'Show All Devices' (or similar) from the menu, then you might see it.

stealthradios

I got it working on Windows 10, not sure how but you don't select "Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)" as the RTL-SDR website says, you select RTL2838UHIDIR.

However I still can't get anything to work on the Win 7 machine. When I plug the RTL-SDR in the USB port windows tries to install a driver but fails everytime. Then Zadig doesn't show anything close to an RTL device....

adcockfred

Try bringing down firewall, domain too, inbound outbound rules. See nothings running in back ground using said port. reboot !

Status
Not open for further replies.