Just upgraded to Windows 10 and having all kinds of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bed685

Feed Provider
I just upgraded the OS on my PC to Windows 10. I am using Scannercast to broadcast my feed. I have my scanner plugged into the PC through the line in outlet on the sound card. When I first restarted my PC, I could hear the scanner fed through the PC speakers. I don't want that. Then I found out not only am I BROADCASTING my scanner feed, but everything else I play on my PC. I worked to adjust the setting in the PC and I got the scanner feed of the PC speakers but could not get the PC to stop broadcasting everything else along with the scanner feed. I used the Windows audio troubleshooter. Now my stream isn't broadcasting but things Youtube broadcast with no problem. I am at my wits end.....

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You have to do a lot of updates, maybe off and on for a couple days to get it where you should be. You can start them manually rather than wait for them to come to you. Do that before anything else.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
If you did an upgrade from Win 7 or 8/8.1, you are more likely to have problems, especially with device drivers. Wiping the HD and a clean install is the best bet. Make sure you go to the sound card manufacturer page for the latest drivers. Some will work with older drivers but not function correctly, while others may not work and have to be replaced.

Blackink

If you did an upgrade from Win 7 or 8/8.1, you are more likely to have problems, especially with device drivers. Wiping the HD and a clean install is the best bet. Make sure you go to the sound card manufacturer page for the latest drivers. Some will work with older drivers but not function correctly, while others may not work and have to be replaced.

I agree that a clean install of Windows 10 will provide a more stable OS.
The problem with the clean installation means more work involved getting your PC back to where you want it.
And get the latest drivers from the manufacturer's Web site.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
What you hear is controlled by the "Playback mixer". What you send out (such as via ScannerCast) is controlled by the "Recording mixer". I'd start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.