• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KAS20 AVL internal error

mperez17

Hi, I'm trying to setup the KAS20 AVL to display the GPS on the map.

When I request the GPS report the log displays "internal error". So far I have installed SQL server express, I have installed KAS-20S, I have verified that the database is populated with tables, I have installed the KAS-20C. The repeater (NXR-5800) is connected via Ethernet cable, I have verified that I can ping the repeater. The radios (NX-3320) are configured to send the GPS data when the position changes by 100 meters. Data system personality option is selected in the KPG-D3. Every time the radio sends the GPS data the repeater's TX led lights on, however no information is shown on the map.

Any hint where the problem might be?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the 20 setup for group call?
Do you have the 3k's set to GPS Group or to console ID?

Little more to set up on it. Did you follow the guide for settings on the all?

mperez17

We are following the Basic Operations_EN.pdf guide, unfortunately the example given is for KPG-111D. We are using KPG-D3 and the menus are not the same. We have installed Wireshark network analyzer and have found that there is a SIP invite request sent from the server ip address to the repeater's ip address. The repeater first responds with a 100 trying status code and then with a 488 not acceptable code.

Do you have the 20 setup for group call?
So far we are testing with only one radio. We have two repeaters, repeater number 2 is currently in use by all radios for calling, repeater number 1 is not in use, we want to use it for GPS only, therefore only one radio is configured to use repeater number 2 for calling and repeater number 1 for GPS data.

Do you have the 3k's set to GPS Group or to console ID?
To console ID, have tried with value 1000 (KAS20C) and value 1001 (KAS20S)
Also tried with group ID and it didn't work.

Attachments

• 488.jpg
    488.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 10

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
okay, that wireshark tells me you do not have the console in the KPG-110SM or D2 programming.
Is this trunking or conventional?
Only noted you said NXR-5800 in singular form so taking word as conventional setup.

I will wait for your info based on this question.

kpg-d2
1701110070773.png

110SM
1701110112188.png
1701110162514.png

Last edited:

mperez17

Hi, It's conventional. I didn't have the IP console checkbox checked and I have the console information table empty.

You pointed me in the right direction!!

I'll fill in the missing information and try again.

Thank so much for your help.

Attachments

• Image13.52.36.jpeg
    Image13.52.36.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Image13.42.42.jpeg
    Image13.42.42.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Image13.40.34.jpeg
    Image13.40.34.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5

mperez17

okay, that wireshark tells me you do not have the console in the KPG-110SM or D2 programming.
Is this trunking or conventional?
Only noted you said NXR-5800 in singular form so taking word as conventional setup.

I will wait for your info based on this question.
Hi, I have found that the KPG-110sm is for trunking mode, we used it once but our users did not like it, therefore we went back to conventional mode.

In the D2 I have the console ID registered with numbers 1000 and 1001, unfortunately the KAS-20 does not work, it keeps saying "internal error".

Attachments

• InternalError.jpg
    InternalError.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 7

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
sounds like the database needs to be gone back over again, it is not populated corretly.
Do a fresh install again please.