KC2WJP-448.575 / -5 / 107.2 PL / New Rptr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Noted today, a new repeater very strong in the vicinity of Bordentown (Trenton) (juncture of Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth county), KC2WJP IDs every 10 min. The code ID, once, stomped on a voice ID that suggests to me that a second repeater is linked on 443.1-something and share the common PL of 107.2; I'm not sure. No one responded to a call. On an initial search of repeater coordination lists and Google, no joy yet.

I happen to carry 448.575 in the mobile to listen to WA2NEW Beach Haven. WA2NEW is weak at my location, and this KC2WJP signal surprised me. Whereas the call is licensed to Old Bridge, the signal was too strong to be at a transmitter at/near that location.

Anyone know the rest of the story?

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
KC2WJP is the trustee's callsign, if you can find out which club he belongs to you'll have some idea where the repeater is. Now if it were a club station call it would be easy,many have web sites.

W2SJW

Database Admin
That's the latest machine that's part of the Broadcast Employee's Amateur Radio Society. It's linked to the main machine in NYC & multiple others across the country:

http://www.w2abc.org/

It's on private property in Belle Meade (many thought it was on one of the county towers in the Zion Mountain section of the Sourlands Preserve here, but it's not).

w2xq

Mentor
Thanks for the quick reply, Scott. Heck of a signal in central Burlco on a shortie Comet B-6 mobile antenna. The Sourlands must be higher in elevation that I remember. Obviously MetroCor pages are yet to be updated. I'm a bit surprised about the seemingly short spacing to Beach Haven, but so be it.

W2SJW

Database Admin
OK, I stand corrected - what confused me was when you said the license came back to a ham in Old Bridge, I confused that for the new BEARS repeater. The new one in Belle Mead is 446.900, with the owner/control op also residing in Old Bridge.

I'm not quiet sure where the one you heard is - I cannot hear it from here. Sorry for the confusion!

W2SJW

Database Admin
OK, I was told that the 448.575 & 446.900 frequencies were temp allocations for the Belle Mead machine while it was being placed on the air & configured.

The new permanent home (as of this morning) is 449.325 - 107.2 PL.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I was in the hospital (viral) for 12 days, home now but it will be some time before I am driving again. I'll check it out in a couple of weeks. The call lookup on QRZ came back to an Old Bridge address, thus my original postings.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Tom,

Hope your feeling better! The 446 frequency would have interfered with a machine in Newark on the same frequency, and then you noticed the possible co-channel issue on 448.

I'm pretty sure the new 449 frequency will be the permanent home for that machine now (per my sources).

SCPD

QRT
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I was in the hospital (viral) for 12 days, home now but it will be some time before I am driving again. I'll check it out in a couple of weeks. The call lookup on QRZ came back to an Old Bridge address, thus my original postings.
Tom,

Welcome home. Use the the time for RR (Rest and Relaxation) and a little RR (Radio Reference) OK.
I too had a rough start to the New Year with a one two shot of an URI in which the Flu bug piggybacked.
No hospital stay but out for 12 days too. About the driving if you can enjoy the break and i hope you have your wife, son, daughter or good friend to chauffeur you around when you need to.
Get well soon!

Ken

Highpockets

I'm also glad to see your ok and back to normal as soon as possible, I've been through my own health problems lately, but I've been taking care of them one at a time and as of late I'm feeling much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.