KCMO P25 (MARRS) TRS -- PLEASE Post ALL questions/info here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
As of 10:40PM, I've noticed lots of testing on 33101. All of the traffic so far has been encrypted.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I can't see who that is, a testing TG??

It's not listed in the RR database yet. I did mean to update my last posting, though. After listening for about an hour or so, a few of the transmissions were broadcast in the clear. From what I was able to hear, it sounded like KCPD's SNU unit was getting ready to smash down a door. Other sides of the conversation were garbled with encryption, so I can't say for certain that's what it was. It appears some of the KCPD tac guys could already be using the new system.

scannerowner

Ah ok, that makes sense too if it were mostly encryption. From the doc I found from Talkpair, it still makes me believe dispatch will be in the clear...

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Let's hope that turns out to be the case. Personally, I don't care what happens to the tac stuff as long as they keep the dispatch stuff open. On another note, I was sitting in the middle of downtown KC when all of that was going on last night, and the simulcast distortion was really bad. Very choppy signals using a Pro-197. Anyone else downtown or north of the river had a problem with this?

scannerowner

Here's a quote from the doc, "Communications by and between personnel within undercover units (such
as Narcotics and Vice Division, Drug Enforcement Unit, Tactical Teams and
Intelligence Unit)." maybe why they were encrypted... this refers to why they should use encryption. I'm with you on TAC channels, doesn't matter as long as dispatch is in the clear.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I'd bet 33101 is a MMTF TG. EDACS MMTF had some in the clear around the same time. Those TGIDs will probably be completely enc in the future, as in the past.

KC0CSE

Kcfd testing tonight

KCFD TESTING:..33300....I picked this up a 8:00 pm tonight....they seem to be working nights...the deadline is close....this talkgroup ID is not listed in the database at this time..

Testing Tonight

I heard the PD may be switching over tonight for large scale test. Not sure if there is any truth to that or what extent the switch over will be. Just what was told....we will have to see.

KC0CSE

I heard the PD may be switching over tonight for large scale test. Not sure if there is any truth to that or what extent the switch over will be. Just what was told....we will have to see.

does anyone know if the testing was encrypted?...did not stay up late...only got testing for Fire Dept..

KC0CSE

Talkgroup 33101 KCPD

Talkgroup 33101 a lot of traffic at 18:00 cold case investigations....of coarse all of it encryption....picking it up full scale 106th & North Oak....

PRO-106

KC0CSE

Anything from dispatch channels?? I was at the Chiefs game earlier and all officers I saw had their EDACS radios...
Nothing but Nothing heard from any dispatchers.....yes EDACS is alive and well....I'm sure they will keep there old radios around until there sure this system will work....

KC0CSE

Have you heard anything about encryption?[/QUOTE

No nothing I can confirm .....man 33101 has been going full bore for over an hour....let's hope they don't follow St Louis and go almost all encryption....we will I guess according to other reports on here know Nov 9th when they go live...wait and see for now.....

PRO-106

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.