• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Keep paying your taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

feets

Suckers for what?? Paying taxes? What do you suggest us working American tax payers should do?? Fake an injury and leach off the system without contributing to it??
No Rob. I think you should keep paying.

Israel needs your money,:wink:

Besides, custom fit condoms are for the greater good.

Last edited:

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes keep paying your taxes the oil company's need for R&D.........

SCPD

A general statement:

The more I've learned through study, the more I have realized there is always a "bigger picture" involved in everything we assume is true.

Just one subject for now ... paying taxes ...

It is thought that without taxes, the government can't function. This seems so logical that to question it will bring ridicule. I no longer believe it for a number of reasons. I've selected the following for the best reason.

Walter Burien CAFR

If you put these words in a search engine, and follow it up with a short casual study, you will see why taxes aren't necessary.

If you wish to know, you'll take just a bit of time to find out.

(teaser hint... every corporation, including government has two sets of books)

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
Yesterday I thought I was going to play some Texas hold 'em online when I got the message something about you can't participate if you live in the United States. Figures. You know, if they can't tax it they will ban it. Just wait, the feds will get their mitts into eBay. I buy tons of stuff on eBay! Just bought another scanner, a couple 1 foot 3 db antennas for my UHF handhelds and batteries. I can't imagine what the tax would be had I paid tax.

Ben Franklin was right. There are two things certain in life. Death and taxes.

SCPD

Ben Franklin was right. There are two things certain in life. Death and taxes.
Taxes are "certain" because the vast majority of those around us believe they are certain, and cooperate with their masters accordingly.

We create our default "reality" (inevitability of taxes) with consensus (and manufactured/manipulated) beliefs, that often have no basis in actual reality.

There are alternatives to this system of taxes, (and I'm not telling people not to pay them), but if I spelled them out, no one would want them because they are more simply comfortable paying tribute... just to be left alone. It's been that way since time began... The first "bully" found out he could get others to work for him instead of having to do the work himself, just by showing a bit of intimidating force.

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
We just need a flat tax. The U.S. pays the highest corporate tax in the world which is complete lunacy. Given the fact China is a key player in our economic demise we need to lessen the burden on home grown goods and level the playing field with China. I say we tax the imports from China just as they play the same game. We need a fair and balanced trading system.

Taxes are what make the system work, but the system is currently corrupt to the enth degree. We spend and we spend and the bills that are past are packed full of pork. Then we are giving billions to these stupid countries that don't even like us. Only basic goverment should be instituted and we wouldn't have the problems we have today.

Last edited:

SCPD

... Given the fact China is a key player in our economic demise we need to lessen the burden on home grown goods and level the playing field with China. I say we tax the imports from China just as they play the same game. We need a fair and balanced trading system....
China is a key player in our demise because, simply put, the "directors behind the curtain" wanted it that way. They knew what they were doing. They had their reasons for this to happen, and a nation full of voters nor a sitting Congress was going to change that desired outcome.

If I'm not mistaken, for a time, "in the beginning", the government was run solely on tarrifs on goods coming into the country. That changed because "government" found that they couldn't expand their sphere of influence beyond it's constitutional limits without taxation. Later in our history, "government" found it couldn't fight in foreign wars without taxing our "income".

Things are totally out of control. The people have long ago lost the will, courage, and even the knowledge of what has taken place to understand how we have got to where we are now. Through our own ignorance in these matters and media manipulation, we cooperate with and embrace our servitude.

We do love (the illusion of) security more than freedom.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

N1RGR said:
Suckers for what?? Paying taxes? What do you suggest us working American tax payers should do?? Fake an injury and leach off the system without contributing to it??
lOL you come up with some good ones........

Status
Not open for further replies.