• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-3200L beeps and flashes red and orange whenever on channel 3+

Status
Not open for further replies.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
My kenwood TK-3200L flashes and beeps at me. I don't know why, I was hoping someone could help me.

I just bought it off eBay, and I do not suspect the person I bought it from is lying..

It is tough to turn over to 3, and I don't know why.. someone please help!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 12

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
My kenwood TK-3200L flashes and beeps at me. I don't know why, I was hoping someone could help me.

When does it beep and flash?
All the time?
When you try to transmit?
When you first turn it on?

Have you programmed it?

It is tough to turn over to 3, and I don't know why.. someone please help!

Are you saying the knob is physically hard to turn to 3?
There are 2 channel versions of the TK-3200, is it possible it's a two channel radio that someone has stuck a 15 channel knob on?
The knob on the 2 channel version has a removable stopper. The 15 channel model does not. If someone put the wrong knob on it, twisting it beyond the stopper can damage it.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
I mean, it did not say in the description of where I bought it, so it could be.. But, it acts as if it was a 15 channel, because it beeps every time I change it over 3. I am not sure though.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
All the time? Yes.
When you try to transmit? No. I can't even transmit over channel 2.
When you first turn it on? Yes.

Have you programmed it? No, but I was planning on it.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
It might be telling you that the channels are unprogrammed.

Try programming it and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, we can go from there.

As for the knob, try pulling up on the channel selector knob. There may be a mechanical stopper in there, it'll be black, grey or white, and sit over the control shaft. If there is, it should just slide right off. Put the knob back on and see if you can select all 15 + S channels.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
There is an orange part there?

I don't know what color it is, service manual does not say. But it's a plastic part that should slide right off the channel select knob shaft after you remove the channel select knob. Don't confuse that with the rubber seal.
It should come right off with your fingers.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what color it is, service manual does not say. But it's a plastic part that should slide right off the channel select knob shaft after you remove the channel select knob. Don't confuse that with the rubber seal.
It should come right off with your fingers.
Well. I thought I was doing something wrong.... I pulled it off.. oops! It still works, it is just a bit sensitive

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
On some of the other models, the channel limit stoppers come in white, black or grey, depending on where it stops the knob. Not sure what color they use for the TK-x200 series radio.
I think the packing gasket/rubber seal is orange, and you don't want to pull that out.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
I think it might just be it’s not programmed, I emailed the person who gave it to me, and he said it was from his work, and channels 3-15 were not programmed. Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.