• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK 3312

Status
Not open for further replies.

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I recently bought the UHF kenwood TK 3312 portable. Currently i am trying to figure out how to set up the 2 tone function correctly. I have 3 different sets of tones i need to place in to my radio. I went under the 2 tone function menu and placed the tone numbers in the 2 tone decode 1, 2 and 3. I then went on to the programming screen where freq are placed and under optional signaling chose the desired freq with the correct tone format. I tested the tones out and can only get tone 1 to work but cannot get tone 2 and 3 to work. Any opinions on this, or is the radio only a one 2 tone decoder.

Thanks
Cody

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
The 3312 will decode 2 "tone pairs" on each of the 3 decode tabs (2-tone 1,2,3) for a total of 6. It can only decode 2 pairs {per channel/frequency/talkgroup} reliably due to the scan function (see other threads). Higher end radios can decode more pairs per channel--3180 will do 4.

Last edited:

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
I have tried to place the 2 tones on different zones and different frequencies. Some of my frequencies have the same pl tones. That shouldn't matter, would it? I would just like to add 2 different sets of tones. Tone 1 decode I have the 2 tone formats. 1 sec, 3 sec. Tone 2 I have the correct numbers for the tone format. Does itmatter if it copies tone 1 format (a-b) or does it have to be (b-c).

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
It may be simpler to post/PM your frequencies and tones or .dat file and I can send a screen shot of how I would set it up.

Different programming zones will not affect the decoding of 2-tone signaling.

Each channel can decode up to 2 tone pairs (or long single tones) in row 1 & 2 on the decode tabs in Edit-->2-tone. The easiest format would be A-B and C-D with the corresponding tones put in the boxes below them.

Each channel/frequency would use different Optional Signaling (2-tone 1, 2, or 3) unless the pairs were identical (tone and order). This allows 3 channels to use 2-tone decode.

In your case, frequency A would use 2-tone 1 and frequency B would use 2-tone 2 for the signaling. Be sure to use the different decode tabs if the tones are different.

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I print Screened all the necessary screens on the software. Let me Know what you see is wrong.

Thank you,

Cody

Attachments

• kenwood zone 1.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 239
  • kenwood zone 2.doc
    92.5 KB · Views: 193
  • kenwood zone 3.doc
    96 KB · Views: 186
  • kenwood decode 1.doc
    76 KB · Views: 209
  • kenwood decode 2.doc
    77 KB · Views: 175

codymw623

Premium Subscriber
Here is one more print screen. Kenwood Decode 2 tone 3

Attachments

• kenwood decode 3.doc
    77 KB · Views: 187

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
Everything should work in 1 zone unless you want to separate them for organization.

Since CAM EMS has 2 "tone pairs", they should go on the same decode tab (2-tone 2) as A-B in row 1 and C-D in row 2--see below.

The way you had it set up, it would only alert if the specific tone pair was heard instead of either. Also, scanning will skip alerting if the first tone is missed due to scan time. For info on the choices at the top of the Zone Information window, type F1 while it is highlighted.

Attachments

• 2-tone.jpg
    2-tone.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,674
Status
Not open for further replies.