Kenwood TK250 HELP PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlar119

Hi, I have a new TK250G (old stock), programming cable and software - I have programmed other TK250 without problems.... When I attempt to read or write to radio, it pops up an error "check radio type". I have tried all I can think of...even reflashed the main program. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

ke5fgc

Premium Subscriber
did you read data from the radio before you went in and programmed your freqs? i find on kenwoods its better to read the codeplug(or whatever they call it), then edit it and then write to the radio.

kevlar119

Yep..actually, it says "wrong radio type..overwrite anyway?".... tried clicking yes, all channels are there...but some don't pick up while in scan mode - others have to have the talk-around enabled before it is recognized. I tried reading from one G model and then writing to another G model - same error pops up. The "new- old stock" radio is having other problems - wont even pick up weather station - I believe this is a tuning issue and will send in. I am using ver. 2.02 of KPG23D - tried flasing firmware - same results. No problem with non-G models.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
If it is giving you error messages I would have to say your not using the correct software......Kenwood has many diffrent version for that model radio even though you have the right Kenwood software programming number it could be the wrong version

Take it to your local dealer...

kevlar119

It does say for the TK250 and 350 in the radio type while running KPG23D ver 2.02. ..it does work for the non-G models...just not the G. I have the same problem as someone else that posted on here - I can receive the frequency only when the squelch is held - other than that - it doesn't pick up but as previously described.

Status
Not open for further replies.