• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Kenwood: Kenwood TM-V 7 dfk 3c remote faceplate wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wire is available nowhere I've been looking for hours does anyone know of a way to make one or worst case solder to the board? Any information would be helpful thank you

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Please post your solution. Others may have similar issues and be able to resolve them based on your results. Thanks!

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Found wire thank you
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I'm glad you did. I was fixing to offer to sell you the complete remote mounting kit that I have. My TM-V7A's display has 98% failure so I removed it from my car.

While the radio still works perfectly, not being able to see what channel/frequency one has dialed in makes it rather unsatisfactory to use.

Did that radio have the ability to use rig control or something like that? If so radio would still be usable with computer control.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Did that radio have the ability to use rig control or something like that? If so radio would still be usable with computer control.
Yes, it is capable of being controlled by RCV7, a freeware 'rig control' program that works quite well as I recall from trying it out many years ago.

Unfortunately, it requires an older computer with true RS232 com ports, and an original cable (lost long ago) and not the newer USB cables (which I have).

Rig control would be fun to 'play' with.
I think some of these newer USB cable chips have the RS232 output levels. But some programs just do not work with USB ports. Have that problem on some programing applications, like the older 707 radio.

" gota keep one of the dependable computers "

Status
Not open for further replies.