Kern County Fire Squad 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvfd625

Does anyone have information on KCFD Squad 6 I'm seeing on PulsePoint? I do know both KCFD and BFD are planning to run ALS engine companies out of certain stations.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Eng74

I heard it running with 61 and 64 on Tuesday. Not in Metro so will get info on it when my Batt 4 friend gets back from the Camp fire.

oldschoolamb

Premium Subscriber
New staffing?

A consultants report from about two years ago recommended that KCFD not staff additional engines in the Metro Bakersfield area, as most of the calls in the area were medical. The consultant recommends two-person response vehicle, on a pick-up truck, sort of like LA County FD's EST's. Is the new "squad" a two-person response vehicle? The consultant also recommended "peak time" staffing, like the ambulance firms staff, either 10 or 12-hour shifts.

Eng74

A consultants report from about two years ago recommended that KCFD not staff additional engines in the Metro Bakersfield area, as most of the calls in the area were medical. The consultant recommends two-person response vehicle, on a pick-up truck, sort of like LA County FD's EST's. Is the new "squad" a two-person response vehicle? The consultant also recommended "peak time" staffing, like the ambulance firms staff, either 10 or 12-hour shifts.

That consultants report was total BS. It was all done because the union contract was up. The BOS was trying to use it to say the Department was in good shape and cut costs. If you really dig into the report the county needs to spend a bunch of money. So that report got put in a a file really fast. From what I got it is the KCFD's getting a ALS unit outside of the contracted area of Pine Mountain Club, station 58. I will know more soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.