Kerr County , Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublet

Am new to Kerr County Tx. . Is the Kerr County Sheriffs Dept. Scanable or is it like Kerville Police > Not scanable ?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Doublet,

We don't have too many active members from that area, so any information you gather, please keep us informed (it helps us help others like you, who are new to the area or hobby). That being said, I see from your avatar you have a Uniden scanner. You should be able to program the conventional output frequency in to your scanner. Let us know if you're hearing anything.

If anything has changed (I should take the time to look at their FCC license), I'd bet they converted to P25 digital (though whether or not they choose encryption is further speculation).

I just checked the Kerr County FCC licenses, and they were modified the same day as the City of Kerrville licenses for digitized voice emission designators. I'm not saying they're digital yet, but in the future they're planning on going that way, and I'd bet this year's lunch money it's P25 (and I still won't speculate on encryption).

willdanl

Premium Subscriber
I visit family in Kerrville every once in awhile and have found the RRDB to be accurate: Kerr County is analog, non-encrypted; same goes for Kerrville and Kerr County fire/ems; Kerrville PD is definitely P25 and encrypted. I can confirm this as recently as Aug 7.

Kaufman4077

Here is the breakdown on Kerr Co.
All Public Safety is VHF
Kerrville PD- P25 and Encrypted
Kerrville FD/EMS- Analog for Interoperability w/ the VFDs and P25/Encrypted Capable for Interoperability w/ KPD Units
Ingram PD/ FD- P25
All VFDs- Analog
Kerr Co. SO- Analog and P25/Encrypted Capable for Interoperability w/ KPD
The Sheriff has said he will not go P25 for primary comms, because of terrain and coverage issues. In the next couple of years the VFDs are supposed to be getting 3-4 more channels that will be narrowband and P25 capable, to be split between the east and west ends of the county

Hope this helps

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
Well this suck I also us to hear Kerrville back in the day from Fredericksburg out on 16 south, to bad they went encrypted I never saw that happen but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.