KFAT (for kma371) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Happy to help.

If there are additional airports you need to check let me know. Depending on interference and propagation, I might be able to grab more. I’ll just dump it to a file and then parse for the airports you’re looking for. I’ll run it at home and then in a month around 7k feet up in the Sierras. I’ll use a yagi and sweep a chunk of the state.

Just let me know the airport codes you’re looking for, like KFAT etc.

AirScan

If there are additional airports you need to check let me know.

Well any station that is not already listed in the wiki would be good.

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/ACARS

In that general area the airports at KMOD, KBFL, KEDW, KMRY, KSBP, KSBA, KSJC (ARINC), still need to be identified.

You usually have to be pretty close to the stations to get them though. I'd be interested in seeing what you can get. Are you able to get uplinks from your house too ? How far is that from the airport ?

kma371

QRT
Interesting must be fairly new because I never heard a peep. I was sitting in the parking lot at Andersen and Fine. Thanks for confirming.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I am able to receive it at home as well with at least two antennas I tried it on. I am 4.3 miles from the runway. My gear is the same as previous noted except for the antenna and location.
* 1. I tested using a Diamond X50 20' AGL. No problem on RX of ground station packets.
2. I tested using a RadioShack 20-043 discone in the rafters of my garage. No ground, only aircraft.
* 3. I tested using a Scantenna ST2 in the rafters of my garage. One side vertical the other horizontal. No problem on RX of ground station packets.
4. I tested using a discone indoors. Only a few aircraft packets, no ground.
5. I tested using a magnet mount indoors. Only a few aircraft packets, no ground.

AirScan

I am able to receive it at home as well with at least two antennas

Thanks for that report.

I see on the other list the GSIFs have just been posted for KSJC (10409A and 10558A) and KMRY (10250A). So still looking for KMOD, KBFL, KSBA, KSBP, KEDW in that area between San Francisco and LA.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
So still looking for KMOD, KBFL, KSBA, KSBP, KEDW in that area between San Francisco and LA.
None of those stations were received at home using an even better VHF antenna, which is not surprising. I will try again next month when at a higher elevation in Sierra's. Still, I am doubtful about receiving additional stations from where I will be at, even with a directional antenna. There will be so many other transmissions on the same frequency at the same time that it will be the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Status
Not open for further replies.