KI4LIV mobile 2007 Dodge Charger SXT install

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Yaesu FT7800.
Uniden BR330T being controlled by Uniden RH-96.
Radio Shack amplified speaker for the BR330T.
Uniden speaker in the back seat on the floor hump for the FT7800.

Driver's side door view
Driversidedoorview800x600.jpg

View from the driver's seat
Drviersview800x600.jpg

View from the passenger door
PassengerDoorView800x600.jpg

Doesn't interfere with the passenger's leg room!
PassengerView800x600.jpg

Speaker for the Yaesu FT7800 mounted on the back seat floor hump
Yaesusspeaker-backseat800x600.jpg

Angle view of the antennas:
AntennasRearAngle800x600.jpg

Straight-on view of the antennas:
AntennasRear800x600.jpg

Low-light shots to be taken this evening. Any questions or requests for specific photos, just ask!

kellykeeton

i really like the idea of the dual remote head mount, you did a very nice job with your new install. I will likely replicate this. now you need to patch the radio into your car stereo with a line amp or AUX

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
i really like the idea of the dual remote head mount, you did a very nice job with your new install. I will likely replicate this. now you need to patch the radio into your car stereo with a line amp or AUX

I'm reserving that for my cell phone - I like to listen to internet streaming radio stations via my cell phone while driving :) No commercials :)

tmfok7

Very nice! I've been waiting for you to post these pics since you announced you were going to re-do the install! Looks really good! I'm guessing that is your wife sitting in the passenger seat, to show the clearance? And how is the BR330 working out with the RH96?

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Actually that was ME sitting in the passenger seat - I figured I'd be a better test subject since I have much larger legs :)

BR330 is working out well with the RH96! Just be sure you are running the latest firmware - I wasn't at first and was a little bent out of shape until I realized!

Last edited:

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Very nice install job!!! I've have virtually the same setup and wonder how did you "solve" the issue of having to turn on the scanner and the BC-RH96 remote head individually? I've been search for a way to turn them both on with one switch but so far have struck out.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
That looks great Jon. Nice and clean and love where you put the speaker, I have to do that for the mobile one day.
Ron

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Very nice install job!!! I've have virtually the same setup and wonder how did you "solve" the issue of having to turn on the scanner and the BC-RH96 remote head individually? I've been search for a way to turn them both on with one switch but so far have struck out.

Since the BR330T is right inside the arm-rest cubby, I simply turn it on/off there. The BR330T uses hardly any power anyhow.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
That looks great Jon. Nice and clean and love where you put the speaker, I have to do that for the mobile one day.
Ron

Which one? :) The one in front of the shifter for the scanner or the one in the back seat for the FT7800?

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Very nice looking! I love the wire looms to cover everything up. What ever you do, don't mention if your ham radio can do out of band!

BTW - Where in FL are you? I'm former JAX.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly it's a Diamond 7500NMO for the FT7800.

The scanner's antenna is an RF Products labeled Antennex.

Last edited:

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Very nice looking! I love the wire looms to cover everything up. What ever you do, don't mention if your ham radio can do out of band!

BTW - Where in FL are you? I'm former JAX.

Brevard County - Cocoa Beach area (Merritt Island).

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber

Actually, there is a way. If you are powering them both from a cigarette lighter socket, plug them both into one of those multi-outlet splitters that has a master on-off switch. Use that switch to toggle the power on/off.

If you're using a portable like I am, be sure to remove the batteries and set the internal switch to normal batteries so it doesn't try to charge what's not there.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
A few notes about the RH-96 with the BR330T.

If you haven't tried one, here's a few things you'll notice.

The volume control knob doesn't APPEAR to do anything - but it actually does control the volume. There is nothing on the screen to show the volume levels. If you want to SEE the volume level indicator, press the large silver knob - this will bring up the volume level indicator. Turning the silver knob with this on-screen will also adjust the volume level. If you PRESS the volume control knob, it will adjust the backlight level of the display. I have not yet tested having the backlight come on when transmission is received - guess I should give that a shot sometime soon!

Just as with the volume control knob, the squelch knob also appears to do nothing - but it DOES actually change the squelch level. Turning it to the far left lowers the squelch level, allowing in the "White noise" if set too low. Turning it to the right adjusts the required signal strength for the squelch to be "broken". If you PRESS the squelch control knob, the radio goes into hold just as if you pressed the Function button on the side of the handheld, allowing you to select groups. This is actually a step up from the button on the handheld, as it stays "pressed" on the remote head until you press it again to turn off the Function button. On the handheld, it would timeout after a few seconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.