Kind of a shack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellotor

Recently finished (almost) rewiring my desk and getting all of the components (mostly) in place for my 'office.' (Truthfully, I don't think I could entertain clients here.)

The first picture shows the current single monitor setup for my Final Cut Pro editing platform along with miscellaneous television junk (waveform monitor and NTSC monitor, plus rack with Sony BVW-65) and my routers. Deep under the desk you can still the CPU for my old Avid...just waiting for a new home.

Second picture is a slightly wider angle showing the audio board.

Third picture is a reverse angle displaying a scanner pile (BC890XLT, BC895XLT, BC760XLT, BC250D, BC246T) as well as my 2 K6 CPUs that run trunker all the day. Well, they will...once I get the discriminator audio wired. Also in view is the audio console and a DAT deck.

Fourth picture is another angle of the right side of the desk.

Work yet to be done:

- wire discriminator audio to CPUs
- remove last, sad vestiges of Avid system (sigh)
- build audio cabinet for DAT deck and other miscellaneous bits
- find space for third LCD monitor
- build shelving space for tape library

...the work never ends.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 952
  • IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 938

emt8105

Its pretty sad that you have a better setup than the creative people at the station where I work. What format do you record out to since I only see the SP player? Also I like the setup.

jellotor

emt8105 said:
Its pretty sad that you have a better setup than the creative people at the station where I work. What format do you record out to since I only see the SP player? Also I like the setup.

That's what the people I work with say, too.

Previously I mastered to DVCAM (poor choice) or BetaSP on a borrowed BVW-75 but now most of what I do goes to the web so I archive the files on data DVDs and use Compressor to suck every last compressable bit out of the video and audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.