• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Kindle Scanner App

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Premium Subscriber
I bought a Kindle 3 last night

I am looking for a scanner app for it

i tried listening to the feeds on here, but it doesnt have flash player, nor will it download the files to play in the media player.

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can listen to the scanner feeds via Amazon kindle 3?

much appreciated

No offense, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The Kindle doesn't have any "apps" I'm aware of, and wasn't really designed to be an iPad (or similar) competitor. Yeah, you can access the 'net, but that's about it. Its real niche is books. I highly doubt you can get streaming audio over it.

K

kb0nly

No offense, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The Kindle doesn't have any "apps" I'm aware of, and wasn't really designed to be an iPad (or similar) competitor. Yeah, you can access the 'net, but that's about it. Its real niche is books. I highly doubt you can get streaming audio over it.
Tried the wife's Kindle on this a while back, if you go to the web browser you can indeed go to the live audio on RR and select a feed and play it in the web player, at least i was able to. The audio ain't great but it isn't terrible either and a set of headphones makes it sound just as good as streaming on a computer.

Was stuck on a trip away from home without a computer and the Kindle was all i had access to so i tried it and it worked!

WX9RLT

Premium Subscriber
hi,
thanks for all the replies!

it wont let me listen to the feeds on RR. because the kindle doesnt support java or the type of link for the web player. :(

I guess i am out of luck for listening to the scanner app/feeds on the kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.