Kittery to take over Berwick area dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

South Berwick and Berwick to be dispatched by kittery. I saw 2 new antennas at my local tower, and sent out a text and found out they are 2 new gig relays for kittery to receive on..all pd and fire repeater are tied into the South Berwick channels- linked.. It gets deeper.. South Berwick of units are no longer units 1--19... They took on the 200 id.. So, Berwick is still the 100, and South Berwick is the 200..... Remember, I said -- all channels are still active.. But now you hear Berwick on 3 channels currently...
460.4375 pl 192.8... New fd uhf relay
460.0625 pl 192.8 ...New pd uhf relay.......all are active

mainetrunk

Correct.. I was told much earlier it was kittery.. I was wrong.. They had a test todsy, but Sanford wasn't ready.. Tomorrow, they should be testing again.

mainetrunk

I was in wells the other day on route1, and could hear the uhf relay pretty good. I bet on those clear nights it can be heard from Boston to augusta.

reedeb

Well at 1500 hrs this date South Berwick Dispatch signed off for the last time. I was a Dispatcher there in 1979. My very first job after graduating High School and it was a learning experience for me. Sad to see it's gone now. :(

mainetrunk

I had my uniden on fire time out - set for a4 and sb fire. I was laying down when the times went off. Made me jump.. I heard the sign off. I been scanning them since 2005. I remember the old tone test every night when Morse code would go out and then the tones, then announcement.. That rescue tone in 2005 was low.. I watched the SUV come into the foce, used by chief, then given to the school cop, the the lt got it before it retired.. I seen unit 16 use it on the weekends when it was available.. Old times.. The station is being rebuilt right now at rte 236 and farmgate drive.. Former member of southern Maine fire notification member 101 used to sit across from the pd , scan for fires, eat dunkin donuts and watch the boys come and go.. They never bugged us.. His uniden 15X is right here .. And did you notice that Sanford puts out the tone twice?? And for the first time ever - today, I heard a4 pages twice.. Signal wise -- all the working repeater freqs come in scratchy via mag mount on ogunquit rd.. I can hear the uhf not bad, in hannaford in dover... Vhf was bad.. Rip independent small town dispatch...

Status
Not open for further replies.