Knowing what freq and Id's are stored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
How do you know what freqs and TGID need to be added to your scanner that not already stored in? and where do you find the freqs and TGIDs to store in....Because doing a little searching ...looks like Polk County,FL which i will be monitoring has VERY min freqs to upload...I really would like to get Car to Car and everything i can get for my county and city...Will this scanner PSR-800 pick up other freqs and TGIDs that are not stored in and then I can pause it and store them in?

sorry for rambling on...

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
How do you know what freqs and TGID need to be added to your scanner that not already stored in? and where do you find the freqs and TGIDs to store in....Because doing a little searching ...looks like Polk County,FL which i will be monitoring has VERY min freqs to upload...I really would like to get Car to Car and everything i can get for my county and city...Will this scanner PSR-800 pick up other freqs and TGIDs that are not stored in and then I can pause it and store them in?

Well you can add all the frequencies you want with the software. The problem of course, is finding out what frequencies there are that aren't in the database. RadioReference gets it's frequency database from it's subscribers so if someone in your area is lazier than folks in other areas you'll be on your own to find them.

This is where google searches come it. You find pages on the web that document frequencies in your area and add the ones you are interested in manually. I added in around 40 local two meter Ham re[eater frequencies for my area but that won't help you find the ones in your area. I don't believe you can add a service scan to a Scanlist like I could assign one to a "quick-key" with my Uniden 346, but I haven't read the whole manual yet so I may be wrong. In any case In any event the FMRS/GMRS frequencies are documented and you can add them manually if you wish to scan them regularly. Takes a bit of time and research but you can do it if you want. There are lots of web pages out there that document scanner frequencies and it's just a matter of doing a search that will find them.

Then you could always pay for a RR membership and add them to the database for others to use in future.
You can, after all, only use the RR database because someone else did the same thing.

Also you can use the scan function to find strong signals in your area that aren't in the database and add them with a few keystrokes, but often it's hard to know what these frequencies are and who they belong to.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am a memeber of RR and now I understnad where you re coming from ...Thanks...Oh yeah i just spoted the DEA in town I hope i can pick them up tomorrow when i start messing around with my scanner... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.