Knoxville/Knox County Secret Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Commish/Commissioner - When they are going to the Commish, they are getting a warrant signed. A clerk types it up and a judge signs it. Is this at the city/county building?

Marathon - This is usually used by dispatch, telling an officer to meet the wagon at the Marathon. Where is this location?

Others I have missed?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Commish/Commissioner - When they are going to the Commish, they are getting a warrant signed. A clerk types it up and a judge signs it. Is this at the city/county building?

Marathon - This is usually used by dispatch, telling an officer to meet the wagon at the Marathon. Where is this location?

Others I have missed?

As an avid listener to Knox County I can confirm the commish/commissioner is the judicial commissioner who is similar to a judge and who is on call 24 hours a day to have warrants signed. The commissioner could be at the city/county building or at the jail, or other locations. I know of some times the officer goes to the home of the commissioner to get the warrant signed. The commissioner acts like the judge after hours and can set arraignment dates and can actually hold court in the absence of the judge for arraignments. A clerk does not always type up the warrant, as a lot of times the officer actually does it him/herself and just has the commissioner verify it and sign it.

When the dispatch tells the officer to meet the wagon at the Marathon, it could be several different locations, depending on where the wagon is at and where the officer is. They have set several locations ahead of time for the officers to meet the wagon so the wagon can take the prisoner to the detention center, and of course the Marathon is a gas station, with several of them in Knox County. So the location of that would depend on the location of the officer and wagon. I'm not sure of an exact location that you are talking about.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dave.

Judiicial Commissioner, I'll remember that. I got the judge thing cuz once a dispatcher told an officer that was on his way to the commish that the clerk was in but he'd have to wait for the judge to get back.

The Marathon I believe is a location on a side street of Cumberland, downtown.

This old fart is losing his memory so I have picked up a couple scanners that do the alpha tag thingy. Should help a lot for this peanut brain to better enjoy this hobby.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Surprised no one took me to the wood shed for this thread.

On second thought, I realize why they keep the location of where they meet the wagon at times confidential and I will not pursue it.

Status
Not open for further replies.