Knoxville

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

I'm coming down in June and was wondering if there's anything to listen ton their analog county system OR will they have moved to the PHASE II system completely? Also what other frequencies should I program in??? I have a 396T

N2AL

All city and county law enforcement is encrypted. Fire and EMS is not encrypted. Mall security is in the clear too.

zachgallop

Sometimes KX-FD dispatch is Phase I FDMA. It goes back and fourth because it is dynamic. The rest are phase II TDMA the majority of the time. KPD is phase I FDMA mainly they can change also but are encrypted. THP is phase I. You can get both Knoxville and Fall Branch Districts on simulcast. AMR/ Rural Metro is the provider for the county EMS services they are UHF analog. Rural Metro Fire, Rescue, and Seymour are all VHF analog. Not as busy and interesting in my opinion as KPD and KCSO but they are pretty active. KCSO and KPD radios were non stop. KFD if it is phase I on dispatch when you come they are pretty busy. They have the digital and analog KX-FD Dispatch patched right now but it will likely be down by the time you come. THP is of course busy also. The mutual aid TACN channels get quite a bit of traffic on the. Also, From 3-6 on M-F C&S Motorola 800MHz Trunking will be busy with Pete Micheals our traffic reporter that does traffic reports from the air talking to the news stations and his people he has a radio in his plane that can monitor KPD,UTPD, and, KCSO encrypted channels. e. He assists KPD and KCSO because it quicker because he is already up it takes KCSO to get one of their helicopters up several minutes. He also has a uhf frequency he talks to ground on. UTPD events (encrypted) is patched to UTPD Brick 1 analog in the database.Some of the wrecker services are on a Motorola system also under Sevier County it is Central Communications. Plenty of traffic for businesses like West Town Mall Security like N2AL said, they have a phone patch also on the channel. Air is pretty busy. Not really any marine traffic in the area. We have tons and tons of ham repeaters around the area to monitor. National Park Service you can also listen to, picks up great in Knoxville. NPS will be busy. Blount County TACN agencies (mixed encryption) and Anderson Sheriff carry on to the sharps ridge as well as black road a lot along with other agencies. Blount AMR 154.355 is very busy Rescue is on it also. If you go to Sevier County Pigeon Forge police is P25 Phase I. Be sure to monitor central dispatch frequency also 460.500 that is the dispatch to dispatch channel. Also program in the paging frequencies there. The rest up there is mainly nexedge and encrypted.

Last edited:

tosh

Premium Subscriber
I also visit the 865 frequently. This week there was a fire at Loudon Co. Courthouse. I didn't hear anything about it on the radios. Is Loudon fire encrypted ? Thanks for any info.

zachgallop

I also visit the 865 frequently. This week there was a fire at Loudon Co. Courthouse. I didn't hear anything about it on the radios. Is Loudon fire encrypted ? Thanks for any info.
They were on Loudon City Fire UHF analog channel. All county fire switchover to that channel. All Loudon County Fire is unencrypted on uhf. Lenoir city does have an encryption switch that is enabled on TACN, but they do not often use that feature. They are the only ones on TACN for fully operations. Greenback VFD has a DMR channel they use for talk around but not for dispatch. It is also not encrypted. Some people do have APX for uhf and 700/800mhz access but that is minimal they usually operate on the sheriff channel when they do but encryption use is mixed.

Last edited:

zachgallop

Yes. County Highway, CAC, TN District II Net, and KFD Dispatch are all that are primarily still use the old system! You will only really hear CAC and KFD dispatch. Kfd dispatch is being used for station alerting until the new automated system is being put in to replace MOSCAD. It is patched to digital! All others have transitioned to TACN with the addition of some new users.

jaymatt1978

Thanks for all the information I had a great time. didn't do as much monitoring and I would have liked ut it was a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.