• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-D1N Software Importing Read file into existing File

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7MEE

Our agency uses NX-5200 Series Portables. An agency in a neighboring county uses the same radio. We are trying to program some of each of our counties frequencies into each others software programming. I can read and write to their radio fine. However, I don't get the option to export or import anything. And, opening the software into 2 separate windows to drag and drop doesn't work either. Anyone ever done this and able to give some assistance?

danielxgame

i think your issue is to import or export from digital to analog, kenwood program are not same like excel file that you can copy and paste.
in my experience in digital and analog programing, you can export/import analog to digital but digital to analog no luck.

BearcatUSA

PL-259 Connector Fan
KPG-D1 has no Import/Export at all!

This is one the most terrible things in NX5K for now. In some particular windows you can do copy/paste inside one app. Somewhere you can do copy/paste even between Excel, but not everywhere. For example, P25 trunking frequencies, NXDN trunking frequencies, trunking GIDs, etc., cannot be copypasted with any external app. Even more, D1 might stop working and exit accidentally if you try to do that (with data loss).

I spent a lot of time on migration from NX200/NX300 radios, as well as creating different 'codeplugs' fir mobiles and portables.

Data import/export absence in D1 is really annoying!

danielxgame

This is one the most terrible things in NX5K for now. In some particular windows you can do copy/paste inside one app. Somewhere you can do copy/paste even between Excel, but not everywhere. For example, P25 trunking frequencies, NXDN trunking frequencies, trunking GIDs, etc., cannot be copypasted with any external app. Even more, D1 might stop working and exit accidentally if you try to do that (with data loss).

I spent a lot of time on migration from NX200/NX300 radios, as well as creating different 'codeplugs' fir mobiles and portables.

i think you are wrong there's import in D1, maybe update your firmware im using 1.71. i import file from NX-700 file to 5k series.

danielxgame

i forgot to mention about import.. you must set up first the D1 product information select the model you need, then in in ZONE-CHANNEL format used- CHANNEL TABLE not the personality , if you select personality the import will not activated. hope will help

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber

Import has been in D1 since day 1.
Export no, but it will export to an html doc the entire codeplug.

I have imported from 111d and 141 with little
Issue. D3, yeah, that's a beast, but D1, I have done 100+ imports from 111 and 141.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.