• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-D1NK. software activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sraider

I have the software activated on a laptop using LMC. I want to move it to a new computer. Do I need to deactivate it first then reactivate on new computer? If I do need to deactivate first how would I do that.

Thanks!!!!

nnt236

I have the software activated on a laptop using LMC. I want to move it to a new computer. Do I need to deactivate it first then reactivate on new computer? If I do need to deactivate first how would I do that.

Thanks!!!!

Do I need to deactivate it first then reactivate on new computer? --> yes
In LMC of old PC, click "Cancellation/software" then double click KPG-D1 (at left view). At right view, in "Local cancellation" tab --> check "KPG-D1" license and then Click "Software Cancellation" at top right box.
And add that license for new PC.
Note: Your PC is connected to internet.

Last edited:

sraider

When I hit cancel will it generate a new number for activation, or will I use the original key I got when I bought it?

Thanks

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
On all Kenwood software I have any experience with, the activation code is specific to that software, not that installation.

That same code can be used on ANY installation of that software on ANY computer.

Maybe they changed that for the software you're using but I really don't know if that's the case or not.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Elroy the new NX5000 series software takes 2 keys and is tied to the computer hardware.
1. Software key one computer at a time.
2. Dealer key allowed on multiple computers at the same time.
It takes both keys to make the the new NX5000 software to work. As stated above you can unregister PC 1 and active PC 2 but not both at the same time unless you buy a second software key.

Motoflightmedic

Premium Subscriber
I hate to revive an old thread but this is the only one that came up when i searched for this topic. I need to ask for clarification, in order to reuse my current license in another pc i need to cancel it? will this generate a license file for the next pc?

SARRG

Yes. Once you do the Software cancellation you use the original key on the next computer. This is for the dealer programming software only. For radio feature licenses e.x. DMR you will also need an account key and you need one per computer. At least I haven’t figured out how to cancel the account and move to another computer to add additional licenses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Once you do the Software cancellation you use the original key on the next computer. This is for the dealer programming software only. For radio feature licenses e.x. DMR you will also need an account key and you need one per computer. At least I haven’t figured out how to cancel the account and move to another computer to add additional licenses.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, the JKEFS (software key) never changes when activating or deactivating on a PC.
ANY PC with LMC without an account activation file CAN BE USED (however, only 1 PC at a time)

Here is a run down on what the files are and mean:

LMC - in order to push RADIO FEATURE LICENSES, you must have an account activation (JKEFA)
The jkefa file will tell you how many "seats <pc's>" it can be activated on.

KWD-ACT_____NUM0005_0001_xxxxxx_2015-06-26.jkefa

*THIS CANNOT BE CANCELED AND MOVED FROM PC TO PC, THE MACHINE ID AND THAT
ACTIVATION FILE ARE HARD CODED TO A MASTER SERVER.
The only way you can add to the account seats, you have to have the ORIGINAL KENWOOD EMAIL,
and the dealer submits a request to kwd tech support to increase the number of seats. It does NOT
happen over night! It is best to plan ahead, order 5 seats and save the email / file for future reasons.

* PS, it is a moot point to worry about the license keys because once you use a feature key, after 72 hours
it becomes locked to that radio. Just order a new activation file and move on. (IMOW)

What it means:
KWD-ACT - this is an account activation file
NUM00## means number of pc's
XXXXX is the invoice number followed the date it was created.

Defining the software:
Software
DEALER_KPG-D1N_W_NUM0001_0002_SVCxxx_2016-07-14.jkefs
DEALER_KPG-D2N_K_NUM0001_0001_xxxxxx_2016-12-19.jkefs
DEALER_KPG-D3N_K_NUM0001_0001_xxxxxx_2017-11-07.jkefs

Dealer = level of access
KPG-D#N_ - Software key is for: D1, D2, D3, D5
W/K - This tells you the program is Wide Band or "K" standard / narrow band
NUM0001_00## - this tells how many license KEYS are in this sequence (1 of x)
xxxxxx / SVC - this is a sequence number / order number
Date, date is was keyed into the system.

This can be moved from PC to PC using the authenticate, software, process of the LMC.
You DO NOT need an account activation file to run just the software.

WIDE BAND LICENSES, if you do not deactivate it from the LMC while a known hard drive crash
IS POSSIBLE / HAPPENING, YOU LOSE THE WIDE BAND KEY FOR LIFE. It will not be
regenerated, or anything else from Kenwood. IT IS A ONE SHOT KEY. Order another wide band
key if your hard drive tanks. Can't make it any clear than that. (not my word, but kenwoods)

Jays620

Banned
Cloud Drive

Wonder if you could install it on a cloud drive and run it from there. Then if your PC crashes you just reinstall and run it back from the cloud. It will see the same PC info as long as your accessioning it from the came PC.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
All you can do is try and see, but I dont think it will work that way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.