KSP Discussion Thread

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
Comments welcome here

If you have any comments or suggestion's on my live feed please let me know,I have finally fixed my ip address problem i was having and it seems to be staying online like it should...Comments on my 796d on the digital quality?I have owned the 996t/2096 and i think i enjoy the 796 the most of all of them i think it is a very under rated scanner that does a great job on digital decoding..Thank's

benjaminfs733

I would not think so unless you have noticed a decrease in traffic already. Most of the state agencies already have the network installed are are using it (as far as I know) and many (especially in Eastern Kentucky) have been using it for a while.

ryan79

Less traffic

I'm a state police dispatcher and can assure you that the new state data network will have no impact on the amount of traffic in the scanner. It really does not effect state police at all.

ryan79

State Police Streaming

I've only got about 10 minutes of streaming experieince. Is there a way that I can hear just a specific state police post without everything else that I do not want to hear?

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
ShawnCowden said:
Is your feed offline timjude ??? not able to connect
YES IT WAS OFFLINE FOR A BIT BUT BACK UP NOW BEEN SERVICING MY SCAN BANK'S..Thats the thing i don't like doing but in order to make any changes i must disconnect but i try and get back on asap..

Last edited:

ryan79

It's all still done via rado and will be for a longtime. MDT's are sometimes used to run tag number and OL checks but that to is most of the time done over the radio.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
Post 9

KD4YGG said:
David

You are pretty much correct.

The Cloverport site has four frequencies, each one corresponding to a specific channel:
Post 04 Dispatch
Post 04 Alternate
Post 16 Dispatch
Post 16 Alternate

KSP's system is set up to transmit simultaneously on all towers for a given post on each channel (Alternate or Dispatch). When a trooper keys up on Dispatch, for example, all the towers in that post transmit (on the specific, unique frequency for the transmitter site).

The old system did not have this capability, so dispatchers had to relay messages from different sides of a post region. Not so with the current system - troopers can communicate post wide. You'll notice some pretty amazing range with this system, especially from your location - being able to hear KSP from Henderson to Elizabethtown.

I'd suggest you also put in the Sacramento site and see if you can hear KSP Madisonville.
I monitor post 9 could you give an example of how you enter the frequency's in your scanner? This simulcast is still confusing to me ...lol

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Each post has several transmit sites. Most are on KEWS towers. Each tower has an "A" and "B" channel. Ch "B" is the dispatch frequency for each post and Ch "A" is the alternate channel.
(Almost) All Ch "B"'s in the post area transmit at the same time. (Almost) All Ch "A"'s transmit at the same time.
If you look through the list below of the Post 9 frequencies you will notice that most tower sites have 2 frequencies listed. You will need to figure out which ones are ch A and which ones are ch B. Depending on your location you should be able to hear 2 or 3 frequencies simulcasting the same audio. When you hear them say switch to ch A. Make not of which ones are ch A frequencies.
To confuse things even more. Some of the tower sites that are on the edge of 2 different Posts are licensed for frequencies for both posts. You will just have to monitor them all and keep notes on which frequency is ch A and ch B for each post

KSP Post 9 - Pikeville

Frequency License Type CH Description Mode
453.18750 KKD417 R Boons Camp - Johnson County Transmitter APCO-25
453.33750 KKD417 R Boons Camp - Johnson County Transmitter APCO-25
453.66250 KWZ988 R Phelps - Pike County Transmitter APCO-25
453.73750 KWZ988 R Mousie - Knott County Transmitter APCO-25
460.02500 KWZ988 R Salyersville - Magoffin County Transmitter APCO-25
460.11250 KWZ988 R Phelps - Pike County Transmitter APCO-25
460.13750 KWZ988 R Dorton - Pike County Transmitter APCO-25
460.23750 KWZ988 R Dispatch(B) Pikeville - Pike County Transmitter APCO-25
460.32500 KKD417 R Boons Camp - Johnson County Transmitter APCO-25
460.33750 KWZ988 R Salyersville - Magoffin County Transmitter APCO-25