• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

ksp

Status
Not open for further replies.
post 11 london post 10Harlan live southeast Kentucky can not pick up Kentucky state police ? can someone please help

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This is probably better suited to the Kentucky page.

That being said, I'm assuming you are using a BCD 536 scanner. Are you scanning the full database and have entered the correct zip code? Do you have the Law Dispatch and Law Talk Service Type enabled?

(I'm using a 536 and receive all KSP I expect to around the Louisville area - Post 4, 5 and 12 along with the VHF frequencies they use at state fair time).

Bcd536hp yes full database yes zip code yes yes too law Dispatch and law talk service type enabled yes not getting a thing I will get it more time I'm new too this sorry . Thanks for help in will keep trying

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd confirm you have correctly entered the zip code for your area.

Next I'd set the Range (RANG) button to 50.0. That will cast a pretty wide net. From there you can decrease the value such that you hear only the desired "stuff".

Status
Not open for further replies.