Ky Snow Check in

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
You call that snow?

searchrescueff said:
As of 10:30 on Saturday, March 8, 2008, I had 6.75 inches of snow on a patio table out back.

You call 7" of snow a big deal?

Come to Detroit, we'll show you some snow :)

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
here in morehead, ky as of now, 3:40pm, saturday, we have 2.5 inches of snow here at the rescue squad building.

When I left for drill this morning at 430 or 5 or so I estimated between 4 and 5 inches of snow on the ground. It was still coming down really hard so i wouldn't be surprised if there was 6+ inches when all was said and done. It was already melting when I got back so I wasn't able to see how much actually fell.

Wyandotte said:

First off, I could have swore that this was the Kentucky forum, not Michigan.

And yes, for some of us down here (where it doesn't snow 128 days a year), 7 inches is a big deal because people forget how to drive once the white stuff shows up.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
We had about 12" in southern Jefferson County and it was significant. Got me to remembering how an 11" snow got me shut-in a few years back when I was visiting my mother. She lives in northern Minnesota and they see snow from time to time too.

I guess it's just kinda relative to what you are used to seeing on a regular basis, or when you can expect it.

benjaminfs733

Wyandotte said:

It is all relative. Bowling Green got 5 and it shut the city down. But with only 5 to 8 snow plows for a town of 38 square miles, any snow is always a problem.

I was up all night working. Surprisingly we were busy, but also had plenty of time to check on empty parking lots ;)

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
2.5 inches in Morganfield, In Henderson where I work, we had the same with drifts of over 36" in a few places. Real fun driving home at 11:00 PM with the wind blowing like that. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.