• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

L.A. Police Chase on Tuesday and the Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

funcritter

I was on vacation this week and drove up from Denver to Los Angeles. Very long drive but very fun! Anyways, sitting in the hotel on Tuesday night there was a police chase that had been shown live on the 10PM Fox news. The people had robbed a McDonalds at gunpoint and took off throing the gun which the police retrieved.

The chase had gone on for well over 30 minutes or so and five mintes before the chase ended which was just shortly after 11PM, the Fox reporter said that they had to leace the chase because well, Geraldo was coming up next! Wonderful! They told people to turn the channel to their affiliate and they would continue showing the chase there. I turned over to the new channel and five minutes later the chase was over and the Female driver and her male passeger were arrested.

Apparantly there had been 6-7 helicopters in the air covering the chase at the same time.

I think they should have made the choice to stay with the chase and join Geraldo when it was over. I always love watching a Good L.A. police chase, especially when I am about two blocks from the freeway where the chase traveled. Just thought it was stupid of them to cut out and tell people to turn to another channel.

The very next morning, I wake up after I decided I liked my hotel room very much and wanted to stay longer, I went to extend my days there at the office and noticed some security guards standing at the door of one of the rooms accross from me. Short version of this was the man who failed to checkout at 11 AM, passed away in his sleep. They had to get a hacksaw to cut through the metal bar that prevents the door from being opened while the room is occupied. This was at about 12.30 now and about 3PM the coroner shows up and she along with another Female officer after an hour, take the man out wrapped in their white 'bag' and take him down the stairs. That kind of put a damper on the rest of my night and I said a few prayers for the man and his family.

rananthony04

WOW! 2 1/2 hrs for the LA Coroner to show up? They must have been all caught up or just been slow. When I was doing my internship there, I remember getting dispatched 2 hours after the call came in from upstairs, AND still taking our sweet time getting there with an average total of about 4 1/2 to 5 hours of wait time. No one seems to care but the general public (like when streets are blocked and/or people can't get home due to the blocks). I currently work in Orange Co.(CA) with the Sheriff-Coroner, and the wait time including waiting for transport is about 1 1/2 hrs. Much better environment!
Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Robert Anthony

PS, sorry to hear about your damper

Bklyns_Finest347

Premium Subscriber
funcritter said:
I was on vacation this week and drove up from Denver to Los Angeles. Very long drive but very fun! Anyways, sitting in the hotel on Tuesday night there was a police chase that had been shown live on the 10PM Fox news. The people had robbed a McDonalds at gunpoint and took off throing the gun which the police retrieved.

The chase had gone on for well over 30 minutes or so and five mintes before the chase ended which was just shortly after 11PM, the Fox reporter said that they had to leace the chase because well, Geraldo was coming up next! Wonderful! They told people to turn the channel to their affiliate and they would continue showing the chase there. I turned over to the new channel and five minutes later the chase was over and the Female driver and her male passeger were arrested.

Apparantly there had been 6-7 helicopters in the air covering the chase at the same time.

I think they should have made the choice to stay with the chase and join Geraldo when it was over. I always love watching a Good L.A. police chase, especially when I am about two blocks from the freeway where the chase traveled. Just thought it was stupid of them to cut out and tell people to turn to another channel.

The very next morning, I wake up after I decided I liked my hotel room very much and wanted to stay longer, I went to extend my days there at the office and noticed some security guards standing at the door of one of the rooms accross from me. Short version of this was the man who failed to checkout at 11 AM, passed away in his sleep. They had to get a hacksaw to cut through the metal bar that prevents the door from being opened while the room is occupied. This was at about 12.30 now and about 3PM the coroner shows up and she along with another Female officer after an hour, take the man out wrapped in their white 'bag' and take him down the stairs. That kind of put a damper on the rest of my night and I said a few prayers for the man and his family.
The M.E. coming 2 1/2 hours after a call is defintely believable. Over here in NY, a marked police car is called, the vic's doctor is called (if it appears to be of natural causes), the precinct detective squad, boro homicide squad & crime scene unit (only if the death appears to be of suspicious and/or violent nature), and then the M.E. comes to take the body away. All of this would take up to 2 1/2 hours about.

Mick said:
Hello! You can always get caught up on the televised pursuits by watching them here:
http://cbs2.com/video?cid=98
Nice! We don't get chases like these here in NYC because its too crowded here and a PD boss would come over the air & call off the chase before it even gets started. We just MIGHT have a rare televised chase from New Jersey, which is shown for a few minutes, then goes back to other news. Other than that, we virtually have no action like how the West has. Thanks for providing!! :cool:

Eng74

There is a chase like that about once a week. KTTV Fox 11 and KCOP 13 are both owned by Fox. Infact a lot of the time the news people at night just swich sets from the 11 to the 13 set and do it again. I have to go with 13 when Ms. Sanchez is on she is a hottie even after she had the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.