Lafayette CB Dyna-Com 23 5 Watt 23 Channel HELP!

Lafayette CB Walkie Talkie Dyna-Com 23 5 Watt 23 Channel hand held. Anyone have one of these? I picked up one but AA batteries don"t fit. What does it use? Does anyone know what voltage and amps the power plug takes. Maybe someone has the manual to share. Please let me know. Thanks Ron

Dyna com 23

OOPS!!! I should have checked out the site first...the manual is not for the 23 but for a 2...lot of difference. I did find one for sale on ebay that had a photo of the battery case open and it looks like that it took 9 AA batteries, 3 in each tube. I owned a one similar to the 23 but it was not 23 channels and it was 12 volts.

FWIW, the Dynacom 5 used AA batteries. They were placed in series via three plastic tubes.

i know this is an old thread but for archive purposes the AA batteries used back in the seventies were smaller than the AA batteries used now,,,, if you can find industrial AA batteries they will work,, i have seen aluminum rod that was about the same diameter of AAs and cut to fit,,, i found this thread looking for the external mike diagram for a dynacom 40,,,, any help there would be appreciated