LAIDLAW TRANSIT

CrabbyMilton

0-17-233ALaidlaw TranLaidlaw Transit
They were quite active for quite some time on that TG from that MILWAUKEE REPEATER SERVICE 800 system. I put it in search and heard absolutely nothing on any TG"S in the thought that they have changed TG's. Did they move to another system? Or some cell phone based PTT system? Often times funny and interesting coms about purposely difficult passengers and frustrated drivers.

CrabbyMilton

That's a great theory. If what you say is true then it's academic. However, these van/special bus services are contracted to Milwaukee County but operate separately as private companies. Their vehicles have had many operators over the year but still have the "Milwaukee County Transit plus in addition to their respective company logo's. Thank You for confirming those now silent repeaters.

CrabbyMilton

Or perhaps they joined OASIS? The only other thing I can think of is that they are mixed in with a school bus radio system now either digital or analog. Or on some DMR single frequency.

N7AZD

Premium Subscriber
our first student/Laidlaw busses operate on dmr here in Washington state and Oregon so check all the dmr frequencies in your area.

ScottL

Premium Subscriber
Several of the branches in my area {Chicago burbs) are on the Comlink NXDN system. As such, there is no longer a license with First Student's name on it. All the users of the system are covered by Comlink's license. This would be true for just about any commercial trunked system. "End-user licensing" ended many years ago for these type of trunked systems. Our old frequencies, which were licenced to First Stundent, were basically surrendered to Comlink.

This days, searching the FCC database usually winds up being a bust. The best way I've found to find a lot of different businesses {Not just buses) is to monitor the local commercial trunked systems for active talkgroups and then start listening for clues. Good old fashioned radio detective work. Software like DSD+ can be extremely helpful in figuring out these wide-area, multiple-site trunked systems. Sometimes, you find some surprises too!

CrabbyMilton

Absolutely. We tend to get spoiled with these databases online. I’ve been hooked on scanning since 1980. Yes traditional searching can find interesting results.