Lake County Sheriffs and County going Starcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Keep dreaming. ....Peoples airwaves LOL...Its the police's communications and they have the right to choose radio allow traffic to be heard or not.
Interesting...the police have the "right" to choose who can/cannot monitor them, but we DON'T have the right to listen in or use encryption in our own radios?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Yeah they are never unencrypting your right but if you attend your towns meetings you may be able to help them see the why it would beneficial for them to keep dispatch in the clear. Although I agree there is about a 99.9 percent chance it will never happen I'm sorry to say.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Who says you encrypt your radios encrypt away as long as your on licensed freq slap aes256 on your channel and let enc fly!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

alanlosch

FoxComm Lakemoor

I just received a Uniden BCD436HP I'm looking for Lakemoor PD broadcast My Home Town). I understand that they are on TGID 2452 Dispatched by FoxComm. I have this all programmed but constant monitoring and logging using ProScan I have not heard anything on that TGID. I saw a few post like on page 4. Have they gone Encrypted? Shouldn't I still hear something from that TGID even if I can't understand it?
I am a newbe so I hope to get some knowledge about this hobby.. I hope somebody can shed some light on this for me please.
Thank You.

scraech

To be honest I didn't listen to the Wauconda VHF. Today I will provide some radio ID's for this talk group Id. The way I monitor starcom is a little different with the 2 dsd's and open source than I have the hits logging to a .doc file. To answer you first question in the clear.

Last edited:

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Is Wauconda VHF dispatch still active?

Since we switched to Lake Zurich for dispatching in May of 2016, Wauconda Fire is on 155.83500 along with Lake Zurich Fire... both are also simulcast on 159.14250.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I have all 4 quads and and Lake Zurich on for the last hour and the associated TG on two separate XTS5000's and only hearing VHF

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
At 11:30 this morning there was a rescue call that I heard on VHF and simulcast on TG 33449... Phase II, clear, both sides.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
At 11:30 this morning there was a rescue call that I heard on VHF and simulcast on TG 33449... Phase II, clear, both sides.

Which VHF frequency? Were you able to determine which department this was?

scraech

Yeah I believe this information is not correct anymore. Compared to what I was logging. 670002 unit on TG4101 ENC, w/UID 370033 on TG1251 ENC (T101, 8/12)

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Which VHF frequency? Were you able to determine which department this was?

Both frequencies... 155.83500 is simulcast on 159.1425. The call happened to be for LZ FD, but it was dispatched by Lake Zurich Public Safety, who dispatches Fire and PD for both Lake Zurich and Wauconda (and PD for Tower Lakes and Island Lake too).

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
STARCOM21 RID 67002 has been previously IDd as Wauconda PD and/or Wauconda EMA in the past, perhaps during an ITTF regional net? As a reminder, SC21 RID listings can be found at STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois - The RadioReference Wiki .

If it was ID'd as Wauconda EMA perhaps it was during one of our many special events throughout the year... we have one of the PDs portables in our Mobile Command vehicle, usually on LZ Detail 2 (33296).

Status
Not open for further replies.