• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Lakewood Fire Ground Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booglata

Does anyone know what frequency the Lakewood Fire Department uses for fire ground communication?

Since they moved to the MARCS system, I'm not sure what it is.

SCPD

I monitor in search mode and hear Lakewood and WestCom mention going to fireground and never see a talkgroup pop up. I'm guessing it's simplex.
BTW make sure you make the distinction between MARCS and MARCS IP since they are not the same thing. Lakewood is on MARCS IP.:)

Bill28227

I use to live in the western suburbs before moving to the Charlotte, NC area. Just curious, what is the difference between MARCS and MARCS IP? Do they sound the same? Can one talk to another? Just wondering?
Bill

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
They are two completely different systems. MARCS is an analog system using digital voice. MARCS-IP is a P25 system with Phase 2 capability. No the systems cannot communicate with each other.

Sent from my lousy iPhone using Tapatalk

Snagley

Hello, I keep hearing Lakewood Fire switching to ‘fire ground’ but still haven’t found talk group or even any simplex frequency with them on it.
Has anyone been able to monitor?
RR only lists ‘dispatch’ & ‘Admin’
Thanks for any help.
Craig

Westcom Firegrounds

Try these that Westcom has for Analog Firegrounds

1.FGN-1 851.075
2.FGN-2 851.175
3.FGN-3 851.2625
4.FGN-4 851.3625
5.FGN-5 851.4500

you need to be close to monitor these give them a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.