Lambertville NJ Fire Hunterdon County

Status
Not open for further replies.

edisonfire

Database shows Lambertville Fire using its own 400Mhz repeater utilizing DMR. Can anyone advise anymore info beyond the frequency? Is it listenable from a distance. I'm on Hunterdon/Somerset border. Does it require color codes or time slots to hear?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Lambertville is down at the bottom of a pretty steep valley at the Delaware River. I would think it would be highly unlikely to hear it outside of the local town area & New Hope on the other side.

You didn't specify what you are trying to use to receive them...

W2SJW

Database Admin
I can't help with either of those devices. I don't really know if the PSR can be put into a 'quick search' mode like the Uniden models that will show you the TG/CC/Slot of all traffic it hears on the channel.

Doug17

They have a repeater on the tower at the squad building. They have the freqs in their radios analog also but as far as I know it is TRBO is their primary. They also have crossband repeaters to both low and vhf in their trucks . So it will be hard to listen to them but your will hear the fire calls and on location on HC fire channels.

boog8591

They very rarely use the DMR repeater. If they do it is for special events or non-emergency communications only. They use the standard Hunterdon County Fire Frequencies for normal use.

Doug17

I had question the purcahse of the system as the County had not gone in that direction. Expensive Radios for a system used once and a while and you have to hand out radios to mutual aid if you were to use it on a Fire Ground which they tried but found out it was not a good ideal. But the Tax payers footed the bill it is what it is.

boog8591

Portables and Mobiles are the same they use on the Hunterdon Fire UHF system just not in digital mode.....many of the fire departments in Hunterdon are using the same radios so no additional cost for them, only additional cost was for the repeater.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yep. Raritan Twp has XPR's as well, as they are allowed on the HMC Cap+ system whenever there are incidents involving the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.