DSDPlus lame_enc.dll Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourbon

Having trouble since I upgraded to Fastlane. When I try to run DSDPlus from CMD I get this.

( C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\DSD\DSDPlus1p101\DSDPlus.exe

DSD+ 2.368
Current working directory is "C:\WINDOWS\system32"

*** Required file 'lame_enc.dll' not found in current working folder *** )

Yet, I have the .dll in the working folder. So I went back to the website and downloaded the .dll's again even though I had it. Replaced it just to see, and received the same.

Has anyone had this trouble?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Well, for starters I would put everything in its own folder directly under C:/ root directory and not bury it so deep. Especially in the Windows directory, as you may run into some permission issues. I am not a Windows wizard, but that will make your life easier.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
The > showing your still in original working directory not in the folder on your desk top.

You could

cd desktop

cd DSD\DSDPlus1p101

Then

DSDPlus.exe

You should see it like this

C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\DSD\DSDPlus1p101>DSDPlus.exe

Not
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Bourbon

Well, for starters I would put everything in its own folder directly under C:/ root directory and not bury it so deep. Especially in the Windows directory, as you may run into some permission issues. I am not a Windows wizard, but that will make your life easier.
As I said. It worked before I upgraded to fastlane. It's just sitting on my desktop while I work the kinks. I didn't think my desktop was that deep.

Bourbon

The > showing your still in original working directory not in the folder on your desk top.

You could

cd desktop

cd DSD\DSDPlus1p101

Then

DSDPlus.exe

You should see it like this

C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\DSD\DSDPlus1p101>DSDPlus.exe

Not
C:\WINDOWS\system32>
That worked, Thank you.. I've never had to do it that way. Now only a thousand more hills to climb. I'm not very techy, but I love learning.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
paste this into a text editor

Code:
@Echo OFF
C:
cd C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\DSD\DSDPlus1p101
START C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\DSD\DSDPlus1p101\DSDPlus.exe

edit the XXXXXX to your user name

save as DSDPlus.bat

double click it

Bourbon

"Current working directory is "C:\WINDOWS\system32""

So no, that's not exactly what you did.
DSD can't find the lame dll in c:\windows\system32.
[/QUOTE]
Yes I agree, my lack of understanding what I just learned lol. I've never had to change the directory before when running the public version. Apparently I over looked something.

slicerwizard

Looks like Fast Lane has checks to prevent gaffes like running DSD+ in the wrong folder, like you did. You were running DSD+ in the windows\system32 folder, which would've caused DSD+ to create files (logs, etc.) in the system32 folder. Not kosher.

Bourbon

Looks like Fast Lane has checks to prevent gaffes like running DSD+ in the wrong folder, like you did. You were running DSD+ in the windows\system32 folder, which would've caused DSD+ to create files (logs, etc.) in the system32 folder. Not kosher.

It's actually always been on my desktop. That was me, trying to run it manually from CMD. Oddly enough, I was able to run DSD Public just fine that way just adding the file path after the CMD startup. After I updated to fastlane, something changed. It used to just push through, right to the file path. I didn't even think about changing the directory until someone mentioned it above. This is all new for me. I have very limited skills (none) running script... Now I'm working on solving a couple other problems. ;) I try to do as much forum reading as I can, before asking questions. However, as a newb with script commands, it's problem after problem. The .txt files are somewhat helpful, but just gibberish when you don't really understand what your looking at. I am learning though.

Edit: You'll see me in here and around. I'm getting ready to start bothering you professionals, a lot... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.