Lancaster County RRTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-542

Premium Subscriber
So, I purchased the DMR/MotoTrbo upgrade for my BCD436HP, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here or what's up. RRTA from what I see on the database is supposed to be on 453.9750, but while the data bursts come through(And it reads in the bottom right corner CAP, and shows either S1 or S2 and as 'Color 1'), nothing ever goes across that as far as audio wise.

Now there is ANOTHER Mototrbo frequency I found through checking on RRTA through the FCC ULS, but I'm not exactly sure if this is the channel they're using for the buses now, which is 461.6875

Anyone a bit more familiar than I as to what's up there?

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Hey!
I've tried to pin down the system as well, without much luck..
They have 2 licenses I'm aware of.. KJJ964/WQPR274
I've tried programing it as a CAP+ (MotoTURBO Trunk) and separately as a DMR1 System.
In the Cap+ Program I've got these for the site.
453.9750 LCN 1 Color Code 1
453.7500 LCN 2 Color Code 1
461.6875 LCN 3 Color Code 1
The only TG's I've ever received traffic on are TG 1 & TG 5
As a DMR1 system I programmed the same frequencies as above.
Can't say either was very effective.
If your familiar with DSD+ it could help narrow down the correct LCN order because I have no idea if the way I have it is actually correct.
If your not concerned about seeing TG's & UID's displayed, You can program the 3 frequencies as a conventional system with CC1 for the audio option. sometimes you can actually hear more traffic scanning it that way.

Hope that gives you something to work with.
I'm in the southern end of the county so I rarely get a chance to try and further the research, cause the signals don't make it too far south of the city. :)

Good luck, any questions you have, I'll try to help..
LCN finder may help, IDK though.

You might wanna try the Turkey Hill DMR also.
I have that set up as 2 separate DMR1 systems.
#1 I call Turkey Hill Plant
and have 452.05 with CC5
I've got these TG's
2601 Trailer Parking Control
2603 Warehouse Production Ops (07-24-2018)
2605 Warehouse Freezer Control (07-24-2018)

#2 I call Turkey Hill Yard
with 452.125 CC5
99 Maintenance?
100 Trucks?

There's a bit more on that here.
https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/new-dmr-one-system-lancaster-county-turkey-hill.371849/

If you like those, There are a few more I could throw at ya that are not in the DB.

Good luck! Have fun.

Report back your results!! :giggle:

E-542

Premium Subscriber
Hey thanks for all that info! I didn't get diddly squat on programming it as a Mototrbo trunked site at all. I was out and about on the RRTA system today, and got lucky on the 17 as they left their radio open instead of in the usual selective call mode some of the buses keep them on. Nothing was going across my scanner using the Mototrbo Trunked mode, however when I went to 'conventional' mode? It seems all their bus traffic is going through the 461.6875 frequency exclusively, as I was able to hear when we left Queen St Station the base talking to them for an update on no transfers for any route, and then later in the ride apparently someone losing an item on the bus(Which I was able to help locate before they SelectCall'd the driver! Bonus points!).

All of that was heard the entire time (Aproximately a botu 15 min of traffic) ALL on that frequency.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
(y)
You could try reversing the LCN order.
or try running the LCN finder function, but be forewarned, It can take a long time to complete, and may only find 1 or 2 out of the 3, but they could be something hokey like 5, 7, 12. and getting those correct would allow you to follow using the MotoTRBO Trunk.
453.9750 LCN 3 Color Code 1
453.7500 LCN 2 Color Code 1
461.6875 LCN 1 Color Code 1

Or Just create a DMR1 system with just the one that is always active.
and use ID Search Mode to catch the TG's in use, maybe setting threshold to 5 manual or experiment.
if your just happy hearing what's said, then just use the conventional mode. :)

E-542

Premium Subscriber
Attempted to do that, no results have come from it. Will just I think at this point stick with what seems to unanimously be the frequency that RRTA uses, being 461.675

I NEVER get anything on 453.750, and 453.9750 shows it's a DMR freq and modulation; but never ever produces audio.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for reporting your findings!
I'm curious as to what type signal is indicated/reported when picking up the voice traffic on 461.6875.
Does it say CAP or DMR? It's possible that the other 2 frequencies are used for a different purpose. (non-voice data or GPS tracking?) At any rate, You may want to consider submitting your find. Since the frequency currently listed in the DB really serves no purpose as far as scanning goes.. 453.975/458.975 input KJJ964 replaced by 461.6875 DMR Simplex WQPR274.. Or a new listing leaving the other 2 in there, That would be your call and the DB Admins acceptance of it.. :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.