LAPD Smart Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrholm

LASD has a similar detail. Their call sign is S918 (Sam918).918 is the Lasd radio code for insane

kd7cra

OC Sheriff's have a SMART Team that serves a different purpose. But, it always makes me laugh when you broadcast on the air for any "Smart Deputy" on duty and no one answers up.

scanfan22

Yeah the same thing happens for LAPD. The dispatcher asks for a Smart Team numerous times to respond somewhere and no one answers... Pretty funny

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
I've long been of the opinion that police agencies would cease to exist if they couldn't use clever acronyms for their specialized units/groups. When I was at Grass Valley PD they had a mini-SWAT style Special Incident Team - their "SIT" (team) of course. I suggested that for clarity of purpose that they rename it the Special Hostage Incident Team, but you can guess how far that got.

Even more OT, but the expressions SMART Team, SWAT Team, SIT Team etc are all redundant with that trailing "T-word," just like "VIN Number", "ATM Machine", "ER Room," and others.

kd7cra

I've long been of the opinion that police agencies would cease to exist if they couldn't use clever acronyms for their specialized units/groups. When I was at Grass Valley PD they had a mini-SWAT style Special Incident Team - their "SIT" (team) of course. I suggested that for clarity of purpose that they rename it the Special Hostage Incident Team, but you can guess how far that got.

Even more OT, but the expressions SMART Team, SWAT Team, SIT Team etc are all redundant with that trailing "T-word," just like "VIN Number", "ATM Machine", "ER Room," and others.

Ok so maybe we're hijacking the thread now, but we used to have a Fatal Accident Reconstruction Team. They eventually decided to change it from fatal to major. Also with the new sheriff the air support bureau was briefly renamed the Air Support Section. It only lasted a couple weeks before they caught on.

Status
Not open for further replies.